How many of your guitars are collecting dust?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:49 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:45 pm none.
my cleaner has a feather duster.

which is why im happy to pay someone to get rid of it :)

and no, im not posh, just incredibly lazy.

I've got three electrics, three acoustic and one bass all collecting dust. To be fair, the 9 synths and piano don't get a lot of attention these days either

tapper mike wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:17 pm There was a time before the exchange of goods?

Jung used to live high on the hog when he coined the term consumerism. Nice house nice things but he was somehow shocked to see consumerist behavior in the working and emerging middle class. How dare companies create brand identities so that consumers might value variety and quality.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2021 ... onsumerist

Become a human again.

I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

none, they are in cases.

I sold all of my guitars for this very reason and then bought a few specific ones I know I'd commonly use (two electrics and one acoustic). Maybe one day I'll get around to doing the same with my amps and pedals... yea, maybe.
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:51 pm and no, im not posh, just incredibly lazy.
I recently heard someone claim they're "naturally lazy". You can't fault the person especially when it's cleverly and/or bluntly admitted.

all but three because they are in cases lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

guitarmiester wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:31 pm I sold all of my guitars for this very reason and then bought a few specific ones I know I'd commonly use (two electrics and one acoustic). Maybe one day I'll get around to doing the same with my amps and pedals... yea, maybe.
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:51 pm and no, im not posh, just incredibly lazy.
I recently heard someone claim they're "naturally lazy". You can't fault the person especially when it's cleverly and/or bluntly admitted.
i was given a sloth as my spirit animal, its not my fault at all :cry:

I've been enjoying putting mine back into rotation. It's not that hard to pick up a guitar play it for 30 minutes to an hour then another for 30 minutes to an hour. I work six days a week and four of them are 12 hour days. I find playing guitar before bedtime or in the early hours much more enjoyable than watching tv or chasing threads even with my arthritis.

It sure beats going out in the blistering cold with my drone.

And for those who must know my current stable is 10 guitars with four on the bucket list. Those will have to wait till I get a decent MFX.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:11 am I've been enjoying putting mine back into rotation. It's not that hard to pick up a guitar play it for 30 minutes to an hour then another for 30 minutes to an hour.
I've done the same for as long as I've had multiple guitars, rotating between them. But I don't really have a fixed schedule for it. Depending on what I'm doing, I might pick a specific guitar and change to another one when needed. If I don't need a certain type of guitar, I choose the one that has stood the longest time unplayed. Helps also that I've kept my "collection" minimal, my last guitar purchase was back in 2002. When I started out, I gave away my old guitars when I got new ones, guess I'm not into collecting stuff which would just collect dust. Would there be any, I'd clean them up, as I also do... :tu:

All of them except the PRS - we're decorating my daughter's room so a lot of her furniture and assorted junk is crammed in my room blocking off the guitars.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:42 am
revvy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:11 am Just read this. Sorry to hear that, man. You once posted one of your jams from back in the day and I really liked it.

Hope messing about with keys ,synths and production still rocks your boat.
Thank you so much for the kinds words. It means a lot to me. :hug:

Yes I've been 50/50 Guitar and Synths for a long time so my synth stuff still gives me artistic satisfaction.

I do miss being able to play guitar with any level of proficiency. :(
Oh wow. I'm an old timer, too. Well, 60, but who's counting. I wanted to rule the world with my guitars, but here I am, playing ONLY synths. I did drag out a strat copy (Xaviere Ash) for a song recently, but that's rare.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

About basses and synths. In my hey day a third of my paying gigs were as a bass player. Good money plenty of gigs but it was killing my shoulder as well as other things. Haven't missed playing bass but do enjoy playing bass lines via midi (linnstrument)
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Guitars”