Voltage Modular Has Stopped Working

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's dead. I opened it up in Cubase 11. I got the login screen so I logged in. After that, a whole lot of modules started downloading when I went to choose a patch. I waited for them to finish downloading. They did. I went to play the patch. Nothing. I went to load a different patch. Doesn't even seem to load. Screen looks the same. So I initialized a patch and tried to create a basic one. I can't even add an oscillator to the control panel.

Help!

PS - I have used this before. Yes, it's been a while, but I can't even get a preset to play. Something is very wrong.

Update due?

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:04 pm Update due?
Yep. But why would the old version just stop working?

As a way to notify you that an update is due? ;)

plexuss wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:15 am As a way to notify you that an update is due? ;)
I understand that but with all my other synths, and I do mean ALL of them, they continue to work even if I don't update them. That's what I don't understand.

Are you on a Mac? I updated to Ventura, and I had the same problems as you. The most recent update from Cherry Audio (maybe a day or so ago) seems to have fixed that problem for me, but now all of the identical presets from Newcleus and Ignite are showing up, and making it really annoying to check out some of the patches!

ianscott111 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:46 am Are you on a Mac? I updated to Ventura, and I had the same problems as you. The most recent update from Cherry Audio (maybe a day or so ago) seems to have fixed that problem for me, but now all of the identical presets from Newcleus and Ignite are showing up, and making it really annoying to check out some of the patches!
Actually I'm on Windows 10.

If a reboot doesn't sort things out, try a VM re-install or update. Sounds like something got corrupted on your end (not saying it's your fault, but those things occasionally happen on Windows).
Windows 10 and too many plugins

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:38 am
ianscott111 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:46 am Are you on a Mac? I updated to Ventura, and I had the same problems as you. The most recent update from Cherry Audio (maybe a day or so ago) seems to have fixed that problem for me, but now all of the identical presets from Newcleus and Ignite are showing up, and making it really annoying to check out some of the patches!
was there a recent update? for windows i mean

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:38 am
was there a recent update? for windows i mean
Yeah Vurt, but that's kind of my point and frustration. I have tons of synths that have had updates that I never bothered with. They still work. This synth stopped working until I installed the update. That's my confusion. Why the mandatory update?

no, a windows os update, these sometimes mess things around, but not for everything or everyone it seems. dunno if they reset some setting or something?

but yeah, if they're crippling things to force an update, seems odd?

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:06 pm no, a windows os update, these sometimes mess things around, but not for everything or everyone it seems. dunno if they reset some setting or something?
Of course it's always possible Windows screwed something up. They already messed up Chrome for Ebay. I know it's not Cubase because I haven't updated that since I installed version 11.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:07 pm but yeah, if they're crippling things to force an update, seems odd?
Indeed. 'Seems' very unlikely/improbable. I'd just uninstall it, and reinstall from scratch, personally. Obviously, if you have made/saved your own presets, find them and back them up first.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

wagtunes wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:27 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:06 pm no, a windows os update, these sometimes mess things around, but not for everything or everyone it seems. dunno if they reset some setting or something?
Of course it's always possible Windows screwed something up. They already messed up Chrome for Ebay. I know it's not Cubase because I haven't updated that since I installed version 11.
yeah i had an issue with an update last year, after which, no programs would actually even open.
luckily while i was trying to work it out, there was another update that thankfully fixed most, but i have lost a couple of old little standalone utilitys i used a lot.
oh well, we move on :cry:

Return to “Instruments”