Studio one question

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hy fellas,

in logic pro i can choose "midi controlled effects"
in the plugin drop-down menu to use a fx in a instrument track.
i wanna use a filter (cytomic the drop) as a instrument to trigger it with midi.
only way so far i got i can make a instrument track in studio one, select a random instrument and put the drop as a normal effect onto that track and disable the main instrument.
then set the midi out of that track to the drop.
as soon as i deleted the main instrument ( which I don't use) the whole track is gone.
is there another way like in logic pro?

thanks
🇷🇺

greententacle wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:36 pm hy fellas,

i wanna use a filter (cytomic the drop) as a instrument to trigger it with midi.
only way so far i got i can make a instrument track in studio one, select a random instrument and put the drop as a normal effect onto that track and disable the main instrument.
as soon as i deleted the main instrument ( which I don't use) the whole track is gone.

thanks
If I read this correctly the way to do this is to create an empty instrument track. You don’t need to assign an instrument to a track. Just press T and create an instrument track without an instrument plug-in. Then route the midi like you normally would.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am

thanks
If I read this correctly the way to do this is to create an empty instrument track. You don’t need to assign an instrument to a track. Just press T and create an instrument track without an instrument plug-in. Then route the midi like you normally would.
but i can't insert any effect without having any instrument in that channel.
🇷🇺

BF sale on Groove 3 videos
Studio One 6 Explained 6h36m
$20 to own it and download
https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Studi ... -Explained
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

greententacle wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:36 pm i wanna use a filter (cytomic the drop) as a instrument to trigger it with midi.
Do you want to trigger The Drop's envelopes?

chk071 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 am
greententacle wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:36 pm i wanna use a filter (cytomic the drop) as a instrument to trigger it with midi.
Do you want to trigger The Drop's envelopes?
Yes
🇷🇺

I can't find a way either to do this. Only works on tracks where an instrument was added here.

yep.
🇷🇺

super tip . i was using bluecat patcher and meta plugin in a same way but it apears i dont even need BC or MP .
owesome !

I’m not at my computer right now and haven’t tried this in Studio One, but I would think that you would insert The Drop on an audio track (not an instrument track) and route a MIDI track to it (I believe you can do this in S1 IIRC). Also, I recall that Cakewalk/Sonar allowed you to configure some effects plugins as instruments so you could use it either way, and I thought I recalled that S1 did the same, but I could be wrong.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:28 am I’m not at my computer right now and haven’t tried this in Studio One, but I would think that you would insert The Drop on an audio track (not an instrument track) and route a MIDI track to it (I believe you can do this in S1 IIRC). Also, I recall that Cakewalk/Sonar allowed you to configure some effects plugins as instruments so you could use it either way, and I thought I recalled that S1 did the same, but I could be wrong.
thanks!
working with a audio and midi track, but that way you have two tracks instead of one.
🇷🇺

greententacle wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am
apoclypse wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am

thanks
but i can't insert any effect without having any instrument in that channel.
I see others have answered this but the instrument channel would be just for midi. You route that midi to the effect which would be on another instrument track with the effect or audio channel with the effect. Studio One does not have the equivalent of Midi Controlled effects tracks like Logic. You have to use to two tracks to one to route midi to the effect and the effect itself (on an audio channel or tied to an existing instrument). Ableton, Bitwig etc also work similarly.

So to answer your question, you still need two tracks in Studio One to control a midi effect.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

very interesing advantage to approaching fx from instrument track is that you can use pattern editor to save preset snapshots of any fx that has modulatable parameters available which most current fx do and save presets as variations in patern editor and insert preset variations as events and plus you can edit easily each fx parameter in patteren editor . you have to activate record button in patter ditor and as you touch knobs on UI of your fx automation lane in pattern editor . it's very powerful .it is more difficult to understand when you read but easier if you try

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”