Curve 2 deserves more attention…

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im guessing this doesn't run at M1 because I can't get it to show up. Shaperbox3 works just fine.

stash98 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:00 pm Im guessing this doesn't run at M1 because I can't get it to show up. Shaperbox3 works just fine.
the AU runs fine on M1 via the apple AU translater plug in thing.. but the VST2/3 don't show up when running natively. you have to open your host in Rosetta mode

dayjob wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:07 am
stash98 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:00 pm Im guessing this doesn't run at M1 because I can't get it to show up. Shaperbox3 works just fine.
the AU runs fine on M1 via the apple AU translater plug in thing.. but the VST2/3 don't show up when running natively. you have to open your host in Rosetta mode
Ah ok, thats the trick then. Thanks.

I'm curious (and I'll prolly stay that way till I drop dead), re: Curve 2's presets - those that are marked approved. It doesn't mean they're better than the non-approved ones, right? Who approves the presets anyway? Cableguys?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

:tu: I'd like some randomisation functions like AudioThing uses. You can lock certain parameters and allow others to get randomized, or randomize the whole thing. I know that some dice rolls will generate silence or sound out of human hearing range but sometimes you can get some amazing sounds.

Or a random preset picker. With 6000+ presets, that would be pretty cool too.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:08 am I'm curious (and I'll prolly stay that way till I drop dead), re: Curve 2's presets - those that are marked approved. It doesn't mean they're better than the non-approved ones, right? Who approves the presets anyway? Cableguys?
To me it seems there has been some screening in the past, but not recently :-)
A lot of redundancy in these non approved ones.

FotoxBr wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:33 am
Boy Wonder wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:08 am I'm curious (and I'll prolly stay that way till I drop dead), re: Curve 2's presets - those that are marked approved. It doesn't mean they're better than the non-approved ones, right? Who approves the presets anyway? Cableguys?
Our in-house sound designer (Sebastian aka Mehlberg) listens to all shared presets. If he thinks a preset is special, then he approves it; sometimes he matches loudness, tweaks a bit, adds / tweaks macros, adds velocity mapping, etc; if he thereby changes the original, then he saves it as a new preset and adds a "(CG Edit)" to the original filename.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:29 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:33 am
Our in-house sound designer (Sebastian aka Mehlberg) listens to all shared presets. If he thinks a preset is special, then he approves it; sometimes he matches loudness, tweaks a bit, adds / tweaks macros, adds velocity mapping, etc; if he thereby changes the original, then he saves it as a new preset and adds a "(CG Edit)" to the original filename.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm seriously late to the party but enjoying the heck out of Curve 2 as we speak.

I'm two months into using Curve 2. Out of the blue, it became ultra-useful for the psychill album I'm producing and appears in most, if not all, 12 songs.

curve 2 cm version for those who can´t decide^^.

and btw
plz resizable gui asap for midishaper filtershaper and curve 2^^

Shaperbox is cool but I won't lie, I was not as thrilled by Curve2 as I might have been,
As usual the Beat.de version looks better than CM because the logo has so much more vibe

unfortunately even the PAID release version of Curve 2 will not expand bigger than the freebies so is therefore waaay too tiny for my eyeballs, though I was definitely intrigued by this synth… Curve is an idiosyncratic curiousity with it's number waves and bizarro take on EMS grid comme le Matrix Freak Beast but Cableguys need to get on board the CLAP train ASAP :tu:
…with SHAPERBOX first please :clap: :clap: :clap:
anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:00 pm curve 2 cm version for those who can´t decide^^.

and btw

wait a minute ± cableguys when did they added the scaleable full window view for the wave editor? Whoa…that's a big step in the right direction for me… shortly after slagging it I started really enjoying Curve2 which is not on discount currently, but I am downloading the other full demos to evaluate going for the Full Monty upgrade ~ I think it is a modest customer loyalty discount not holiday related cross grade type offer

so far so good — they all need scaling up in GUI though, Big Time maybe thats why only Shaper Box is promoted
Lots ofsurprises here — Filtershaper looks more like Uhbik than what I've seen from cableguys and HalfTime is fun. Very different again from the Shaperbox time modulator
petedako wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:25 pm Shaperbox is cool but I won't lie, I was not as thrilled by Curve2 as I might have been,
As usual the Beat.de version looks better than CM because the logo has so much more vibe

unfortunately even the PAID release version of Curve 2 will not expand bigger than the freebies so is therefore waaay too tiny for my eyeballs, though I was definitely intrigued by this synth… Curve is an idiosyncratic curiousity with it's number waves and bizarro take on EMS grid comme le Matrix Freak Beast but Cableguys need to get on board the CLAP train ASAP :tu:
…with SHAPERBOX first please :clap: :clap: :clap:
anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:00 pm curve 2 cm version for those who can´t decide^^.

and btw

Is this VST3 and Apple Silicon compatible yet?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:17 pm Is this VST3 and Apple Silicon compatible yet?
Unfortunately not, no. Our Curve development version is, though, but we're not having a release date yet (certainly not within the next months).

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:00 pm plz resizable gui asap for midishaper filtershaper and curve 2^^
I'm waiting for resizable gui's on those 3 before upgrading to the full bundle. They're the only Cableguys plugs that I'm missing ... any idea of a timeframe for updating them?

Return to “Instruments”