Tone2 or Parawave Rapid? Both with expansions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The demo restrictions for Icarus are farcical. That's a no-go for me.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:09 pm I just started trying the Icarus demo and it timed out after about 3 mintutes and can't be restarted by deleting and opening a new instance. Wtf?
I don't remember exactly what the demo restrictions were, but, that's not normal, I think.

Which OS are you using?

just download Rapid 1.8.6 to compare with Icarus and other favs and to decide is it even worth to bother...
Many people adore it,there is super nice demo videos in yt,but for 180 euro man could buy bunch of amazing stuff with discounts,so will see what interesting will pop up from 8 layers and will share opinion...
Curiosity is what drives me...

chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:19 pm Which OS are you using?
Monterey, M1.
I have to close and restart Logic to get another few minutes of just trying to find my way round the interface (which is too big for a 14" MacBook).

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 am Rapid has an advantage in that you don't just get an instrument but also an effects unit for all your other instruments and audio to be processed through.

Also, I designed some new skins for Rapid which are free. You might find one or two much nicer to use than those which are provided.

Find them here.
your skins are the best i've ever seen - do some black/white for Icarus,Viper and Synthmasters...willing to pay 10 euro for each....

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:22 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:19 pm Which OS are you using?
Monterey, M1.
I have to close and restart Logic to get another few minutes of just trying to find my way round the interface (which is too big for a 14" MacBook).
I remembered 20 minutes of demo time, and, seems to be correct: viewtopic.php?p=8174939#p8174939

Dunno why it behaves so weird on your machine.

Previous comment got me to download Icarus, Rayblaster and Warlock. I'm on Win 10 here and the time out was at exactly 15 minutes.

And I really enjoyed their sound in general. I miss having them now.

Edit/Add: Re-downloaded the Rapid demo just to be fair. It's a good plugin and sounds decent to me as well. I do appreciate the easy turning down to zero effects on presets and that does give me a better sense of the synth itself. Will say I can see it being for more than "just EDM", however, I don't think it offers me enough to warrant owning it. Especially being a NFR product I think it would've been a waste of my money. YMMV.

So concerning this proposed choice, I'd definitely go Tone 2. :shrug:
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ummm... I guess the sale is over even though I never could find a date anywhere on parawave's site :/

Restarting the MacBook fixed the time-out duration, but the plugin doesn't run too well on this machine, the time-out prompt causes Logic to crash. Sounds good though, from what I can tell so far. If the GUI fitted on the screen I'd be interested. I think I can see though that Markus isn't too keen on Macs.

chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:15 pm
astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:27 pm Well I came out of this thread more confused about my choice than I had going in
That's normal for this kind of threads. :D
:lol:

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm Restarting the MacBook fixed the time-out duration, but the plugin doesn't run too well on this machine, the time-out prompt causes Logic to crash. Sounds good though, from what I can tell so far. If the GUI fitted on the screen I'd be interested. I think I can see though that Markus isn't too keen on Macs.
I don't have a problem with any Tone2 synth inside Logic! I have M1 mini Mac Monterey. For the size try one of these on your MacBook:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:14 pm But if person a says " synth a is better by miles
And then person b says," synth b is better by miles "
What then? :roll:
Then you found two strong opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.
Or as a wise guy in Braveheart stated it: They can't even agree on the color of poo!
And I don't think we have to agree. It's taste. We are all quite a bit different. Cool.
It's not about truth. Only taste.

Peace 8)

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:20 pm its also about sharing experiences, someone may not just present words, but audio or video too (as has been done) which helps give more of an insight, it can help us hear it in ways we may not have heard in the on site demo tracks which are often a lot simpler and made to showcase the instrument, so wont necessarily sit it in a mix as we might in use.
and sometimes its just nice to talk about gear :shrug:
Come on! :party:

whassup wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:04 am
astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:14 pm But if person a says " synth a is better by miles
And then person b says," synth b is better by miles "
What then? :roll:
Then you found two strong opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.
Or as a wise guy in Braveheart stated it: They can't even agree on the color of poo!
And I don't think we have to agree. It's taste. We are all quite a bit different. Cool.
It's not about truth. Only taste.

Peace 8)
And that was my point. Makes it meaningless

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:35 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 am Rapid has an advantage in that you don't just get an instrument but also an effects unit for all your other instruments and audio to be processed through.

Also, I designed some new skins for Rapid which are free. You might find one or two much nicer to use than those which are provided.

Find them here.
your skins are the best i've ever seen - do some black/white for Icarus,Viper and Synthmasters...willing to pay 10 euro for each....
Thanks, I have to say that I haven't bought the VSTs, you have mentioned, so my interest in doing skins for them is way down the ladder. Atm, I'm working on skins for Hive 2. Should you have Hive 2, you can find a thread I posted here on KVR and on VI forums to attain a dark skin I created for it.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Instruments”