Massive X - User Presets subfolders not shown...

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Caine123
KVRAF
Topic Starter
7543 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:32 am

Bulbizarre wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:26 am You can't do that. To seperate from commercial presets I start with something like -aa in the patch name since the display is alphabetic. So all my patches are the first to come up.
thx, this might be a good idea, but tedious with many presets :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
commerce
KVRist
74 posts since 13 Mar, 2020

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:28 pm

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:54 am subfolders are not supported...
This is crazy.
Especially because the old Massive has a browser with banks (subfolders).
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
22831 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:39 pm

commerce wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:28 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:54 am subfolders are not supported...
This is crazy.
Especially because the old Massive has a browser with banks (subfolders).
Old Massive had lots of stuff that is missing from MX.

Caine123
KVRAF
Topic Starter
7543 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:05 am

yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
34190 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:52 am

This is why the browser update earlier this year was so inadequate - NI chose to make it easier for people to find NI content but gave no thought to organisation and tagging of user content - which should have been a priority

Dencheg
KVRian
501 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:48 pm

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:56 am wow :D Massive X for sure! 2021 next generation!
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:05 am yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
I see what you did here
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, ANA, GForce, Reaper

User avatar
aShane
KVRer
18 posts since 13 Dec, 2022

Post Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:34 pm

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:52 am This is why the browser update earlier this year was so inadequate - NI chose to make it easier for people to find NI content but gave no thought to organisation and tagging of user content - which should have been a priority
This is true, the browser update was really weird. The library organisation is painful, i'm crying to have tagging option :x
Was there any information about the next update?
call me hand

zzz00m
KVRAF
3581 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:06 pm

What's up with all of this talk today about Pigments 3.5?

Pigments 4 was just released yesterday!

https://sonicstate.com/amped/2022/12/13 ... out-today/

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... s/overview
Windows 10 and too many plugins

pierb
KVRian
532 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:14 pm

It's been over 3 years and Massive X is still missing third party folders or other bread and butter features like not being able to drag and drop effects.

NI development is super slow. Honestly it feels like they have 2 devs responsible for all the updates. It's pretty amazing most of their products do not have GUI scaling let alone hiDPI.

Caine123
KVRAF
Topic Starter
7543 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:11 am

Dencheg wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:48 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:56 am wow :D Massive X for sure! 2021 next generation!
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:05 am yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
I see what you did here
2023 incoming :D NI just gets better and better!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
Biome_Digital
KVRAF
2296 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:05 am

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:54 am subfolders are not supported... all user presets are in one flat file. yes it sucks
We have asked for this since the very beginning! It seems obvious they have no interest in supporting presets/sound banks properly. :roll:

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1829 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:13 pm

They don't make money from 3rd party presets, right? Why should they prioritise support of them in the browser in that case?
Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

zzz00m
KVRAF
3581 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:51 pm

pixel85 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:13 pm Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)
Right! But aside from 3rd party developers, consider that paying users cannot even organize their own preset creations. SMH... :dog:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

seangm
KVRian
554 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:06 pm

pixel85 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:13 pm They don't make money from 3rd party presets, right? Why should they prioritise support of them in the browser in that case?
Knowing that their browser sucks at organizing the 3rd party presets is something that might deter some people from purchasing when evaluating a synth. So might cost them some money in the long run after people read threads like this one.

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1829 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:54 am

zzz00m wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:51 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:13 pm Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)
Right! But aside from 3rd party developers, consider that paying users cannot even organize their own preset creations. SMH... :dog:
Maybe if users would have to pay a license for it or subscription, then NI would more willing to put it as a priority ;)
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

Return to “Instruments”