Roland JC120 AMP Sims

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are all the ITB option for Roland JC120 AMP?

- Amplitube Dimebag Darel
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

The Dime one in Amplitube really is the best one, don't look any further... having said that, I've been playing with models of the Roland Jazz Chorus for years, be it POD Farm or Guitar Rig, and even though it's my favorite amp tone... I've never actually played a real one. The re-issue of the actual hardware is actually pretty cheap... but nah, I'll never lug a real amp around ever again.

Dimebag JC120 is very recent. Should be using the latest gen AT modelling.

I love the one in Guitar Rig. I spent a lot of time with JC-120s, a JC-55, and a JC-77 back in the '80s. Like the actual amp, the GR one is a great bass amp at lower gains, too (the bass on "Crossing to Safety" vid in my signature was recorded through it).

Maybe the new Neural Wong AMP sim qualifies?
https://neuraldsp.com/products/archetype-cory-wong

WARP VST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

There is an amp on IK Tonex called Crystal Clean and it is the best clean JC 120 I have heard in sim form.

The signal chain in the capture says:

Amp - Jazz Chorus 120
Cab - Jazz Chorus 120 4x12 Cab
Mic(s) - 4038, MD409U
Outboard - Neve 80, LA2A

It sounds really stinking real, imo.

Now for the chorus, I'm not sure what you do!

+1 on the Guitar Rig sim, one of the very few (only?) times when GR's plastic response works.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

User41 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:39 am There is an amp on IK Tonex called Crystal Clean and it is the best clean JC 120 I have heard in sim form.

The signal chain in the capture says:

Amp - Jazz Chorus 120
Cab - Jazz Chorus 120 4x12 Cab
Mic(s) - 4038, MD409U
Outboard - Neve 80, LA2A

It sounds really stinking real, imo.

Now for the chorus, I'm not sure what you do!
This one.
Load it in AmpliTube. For the chorus, use the Chorus-1 model in the X-VIBE stomp, or use Audiority Chorus Ensember.

The JC-120 has a built-in CE-1 chorus on one speaker, and no chorus on the other, to create its stereo chorusing.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

iuyj wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:54 pm Roland JC-120 ampsim

https://fewtubefx.blogspot.com/2022/11/rolc-amp.html
How do these amp sims sound? Are these vsts? I have not heard of these before (and that is saying a lot because I scour the earth for amp sims and captures!)

User41 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:53 pm
iuyj wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:54 pm Roland JC-120 ampsim

https://fewtubefx.blogspot.com/2022/11/rolc-amp.html
How do these amp sims sound? Are these vsts? I have not heard of these before (and that is saying a lot because I scour the earth for amp sims and captures!)
All of his amps are demo versions (including the JC), the only free one is the Erdeton which is a fine sounding vintage lead. All vst x64.

Return to “Guitars”