Sylenth1 v3.072 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, nobody has any problems with the pitchwheel ? It's not learning, when i hit learn all it does is jump random values of the pitchwheel range...and old projects/presets are all fkd up now, because i don't know on which range they were, even if learning/linking was working...
More BPM please

Sorry.. It works fine for me.. Cubase 12, Mac Intel 11.7.1, vst3.
rsp
sound sculptist

dionenoid wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 pm So, nobody has any problems with the pitchwheel ? It's not learning, when i hit learn all it does is jump random values of the pitchwheel range...and old projects/presets are all fkd up now, because i don't know on which range they were, even if learning/linking was working...
I didn't checked if my pitchwheel can learn; reverted to the last version before the arm native one. but the regular pitch midi automation didn't work in the arm version - without having tried the learn function.

Chris-S wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:50 pm Where is settings.xml located (win10)?
It depends which folder you chose on installation. In my case, for example, the settings are in C:\Audio\LennarDigital\Sylenth1\Config. I guess the default folder, when you don't change it, is in Documents.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 pm So, nobody has any problems with the pitchwheel ? It's not learning, when i hit learn all it does is jump random values of the pitchwheel range...and old projects/presets are all fkd up now, because i don't know on which range they were, even if learning/linking was working...
I wonder why it's learnable anyway. I haven't came across many bipolar controllers which could potentially replace the pitch wheel. Pitch wheel should be mapped to... pitch wheel. IMO. Especially as, as it seems, pitch wheel messages are not mapped to a MIDI CC.

been using Sylenth since the beginning It's like my original Juno 106 - A true best in class antique vst - sound so good no change = good - PWM is no issue

It works fine here using Cakewalk with the VST2 version.

It has the best sound of any VA. I personally think it sounds better than the Virus for pure VA sounds. I won't bother with this update though. Maybe the update is just a reminder to other synth companies that other exceptional VA's exist.

Superb filters, good sounding fast rate LFO's, fairly tight envelopes, strong sounding clear and fat oscillators, the sonic engine overall has a very solid, robust and punchy sound. All with lo CPU usage. Effects and dynamics sections are the most usable on any synth I heard so far.

It's relative age means nothing. Unbeaten at what it does for me.

For the quality it is still worth its price for being the best version of what it does, for myself anyway.

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 am It has the best sound of any VA. I personally think it sounds better than the Virus for pure VA sounds.
I think that the Virus and also Spire sound much better. But, YMMV. We're all different in that regard. :)

Sylenth is #1 in non-retro VA for me ✌🏻
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

am just amazed (and happy) to see any updates for sylenth1, especially the apple silicon compatibility, giving S1 (on the mac) a much much longer lifespan.

sylenth 2 by 2030! (that's my new motto)

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:28 am
Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 am It has the best sound of any VA. I personally think it sounds better than the Virus for pure VA sounds.
I think that the Virus and also Spire sound much better. But, YMMV. We're all different in that regard. :)
Better is subjective short definition of 'what i like better for the moment' :)
Sylenth is unique no doubt.
Sometimes sit better in the mix,other times not.
That's why synth makers aren't in the history yet,cause people like different things and spend money for stuff they like :)
Cheers :)

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:28 am
I find Spire cleaner and Virus dirtier. Both less solid. Solid is very important. I own all and have used them all extensively. That's my opinion anyway.

Not sure what you mean with solid.

I hear solidity, a quality of the synth, it might be to do with the texture of the basic oscillators or something to do with how the mid and sides sound when using the effects. The mid channel of that synth sounds very direct and powerful. It is not a precise terminology because it never can be. It is close as I can explain for my own perception.

In the same way Virus has a character and so does spire, so does Sylenth and for VA sounds Sylenth1 sounds better to me. It simply sounds more powerful to me more of the time over many years of use of all 3.

I would dump Spire if I had to of the 3. Spire is smooth, it can work but mostly it is a bit too smooth, for my taste anyway.

Return to “Instruments”