Compusynth400 from Giorgio Sancristoforo standalone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compusynth is a modular synthesizer that takes inspiration from the west coast paradigm and the mighty Altair8800, one of the first personal microcomputers available to the hobbyists in the mid 70s.

https://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/

mac version released, win version due in jan

https://www.facebook.com/gleetchlab/vid ... 842358475/

His software is always excellent fun, especially if you have a nice, big midi controller to use with it.

Cheap too!

Looks like a Buchla. It's standalone but I recently found out I could use a virtual audio cable to use it in Cubase...if I bought it, of course.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I have everything that Giorgio has released and I'm yet to be disappointed.

Pity about the lack of VST but you can get around that with loopback thingys.

kraster wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 pm I have everything that Giorgio has released and I'm yet to be disappointed.

True, though loopback works just fine for me (via Saffire Pro 24 + Reaper).

I dig test-equipment sounds.. and I recently tried Dials (Audiothing) and wasn`t impressed (though I have many AudioThing plugins which I love). Someone then alerted me to Giorgio`s Berna3, which blew me away!

Trying out all the demos.. and I`m in `early days test-equipment` heaven. :phones:

I`m still crushing it on Win7 (64bit), so during xmas.. I`ll be buying whatever he has for Windows, including Compusynth400 (which, fortunately.. is being released in January). :party:
Last edited by panspOrmia on Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

panspOrmia wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:06 pm
kraster wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 pm I have everything that Giorgio has released and I'm yet to be disappointed.

True, though loopback works just fine for me (via Saffire Pro 24 + Reaper).

I dig test-equipment sounds.. and I recently tried Dials (Audiothing) and wasn`t impressed (though I have many AudioThing plugins which I love). Someone then alerted me to Giorgio`s Berta3, which blew me away!

Trying out all the demos.. and I`m in `early days test-equipment` heaven. :phones:

I`m still crushing it on Win7 (64bit), so during xmas.. I`ll be buying whatever he has for Windows, including Compusynth400 (which, fortunately.. is being released in January). :party:

Yeah.

I thought Dials was exceedingly underwhelming coming from Berna 3.

Berna 3 is ridiculously deep and really helps you appreciate what the pioneers of Electronic music had to deal with.

There is something to be said to being forced to work within the old style paradigms. You definitely come up with stuff that you wouldn't with normal Daws.

Bento is also a favourite of mine. I use it to generate samples to use in other things like samplers , drum machines and granular processing. It's completely wild.

win version released

All of his tools are made in Max/MSP. If someone donates Live 10 or 11 to him, he probably could make M4L devices out of them… But I guess it doesn’t quite fit his concept…

Return to “Instruments”