Sylenth1 v3.072 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth sounds almost exactly like virus, pwm is identical.

:?:

The Virus has PWM (unlike Sylenth1), and, no, it doesn't almost sound exactly as Sylenth1...

I cannot believe people still get triggered by such nonsense :lol:

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:27 pm In the same way Virus has a character and so does spire, so does Sylenth and for VA sounds Sylenth1 sounds better to me. It simply sounds more powerful to me more of the time over many years of use of all 3.

I would dump Spire if I had to of the 3. Spire is smooth, it can work but mostly it is a bit too smooth, for my taste anyway.
It's funny, I've owned many Viruses going back almost 20 years (currently have a Polar TI2) and also own Spire (since it was released ) and Sylenth1. For some reason that I can't even explain, I was a very late adopter of Sylenth1. When everybody was singing its praises years ago and it was used on seemingly everybody's house, trance, chillout, etc., tracks, I just didn't get all the hype over it. Then, my main collaborator at the time drank the Sylenth1 Kool-Aid, and starting using it so much that we both found it too inconvenient for me to not own. So, I bought it and, not long after, was thoroughly convinced that it was worth the hype. Now, I'm with you - between the three (i.e., Virus, Sylenth1, Spire), Spire gets the least amount of love here. But, it's still one of my fav soft synths, so it's not going anywhere.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

dionenoid wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 pm So, nobody has any problems with the pitchwheel ? It's not learning, when i hit learn all it does is jump random values of the pitchwheel range...and old projects/presets are all fkd up now, because i don't know on which range they were, even if learning/linking was working...
Just quoting myself here. The problem seems solved for now.

For some reason i didn't have to link the pitchwheel using Sylenth1 in Unify standalone, the pitchwheel was just working as it used to be. After that, i opened the same project where Sylenth1 was giving problems before and low and behold : pitchwheel was working as usual.
Very weird, as i have the vst2 in Unify and vst3 in my project and i didn't have to do any learning (except when i tried before and only the range was randomly jumping, so maybe it catched that anyway).

But who cares, it's working now. :party:
More BPM please

Virus comparisons and complaints about missing PWM are as old as Sylenth itself.

As an M1 Mac user I just rejoice that it works on my system and that Lennard is still maintaining it. Super happy 😃
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Still no PDM (pulse depth modulation)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:33 pm I cannot believe people still get triggered by such nonsense :lol:
Some people have acute hearing and can hear differences. It's only nonsense until it is not nonsense.

Synthman2000 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:42 am
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:33 pm I cannot believe people still get triggered by such nonsense :lol:
Some people have acute hearing and can hear differences. It's only nonsense until it is not nonsense.
I meant the nonsese i said, i clearly wasnt serious but people still go in to debates

I wasn't debating. ;) When I see someone make a statement, and there's no indication whatsoever in form of a smiley or something, I take it that the person is serious about what's written.

I also didn't take it as a joke, because, it simply wasn't funny. No offense. ;)

Return to “Instruments”