(whining voice)I'm stuck at my making music

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arghhhh . . .
so I'm going back to school ! Lessons.
Linear finger exercises for both the left hand on the fretboard and the right ones(every single one of them)on the strings. Did I mention the "argh" part?
Early returns are just in : the metronome is certainly the devil
wish me luck !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Be patient and good luck.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I hate the metronome pattern
Tick, tock, tock, tock

Though I do have a standard metronome on my phone.

Instead I prefer midi based drum patterns
Kick, snare, kick, snare
or Kick, Kick, Kick, Kick
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

When you can play with the metronome but your notes mask it, it will be time for you to leave, Grasshopper!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I have faith in you E.

Honestly forget all that stuff and jump straight into chord-melody standards. Huge struggle huge rewards

You’re stuck at making music, or at learning techniques? Two different things. I’m sure you could make music with the knowledge you have right now.

Don’t watch Polyphonia videos to discourage you from learning techniques…
Just noodle for fun instead…

If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got. And that's not better.

Don't practice what you know(that's noodling). Practice what you don't know.

You can do it!

1 month in… how’s the progress?

thx - learning a lot about my inner metronome aka right hand. Stretching and fingering exercises on the left-hand frets. Years ago I broke two fingers there catching footballs so there's that. Having fun with a "jam track" where full drums & pulsing synth make it metronome-like.
You gotta walk right up to the monster, whatever struggle that may be.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:30 pm thx - learning a lot about my inner metronome aka right hand. Stretching and fingering exercises on the left-hand frets. Years ago I broke two fingers there catching footballs so there's that. Having fun with a "jam track" where full drums & pulsing synth make it metronome-like.
You gotta walk right up to the monster, whatever struggle that may be.

I can definitely relate… I broke a finger last June that’s still not the same and it stopped me from practicing. I started up again with regular intentions just last month and that lack of playing does become a monster.

Best of luck. If I can shake off the rust, I hope to do some lessons next month or in March. :party:

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 am Don’t watch Polyphonia videos to discourage you from learning techniques…
Just noodle for fun instead…
Yes, indeed. But when you watch some live performances, well, not as convincing as their studio work, but when the released tracks sound amazing, who cares!
I consider Timy Hensondrix a great innovative guitarist, even though on stage with his band it's not my cup of tea.

it's not 'polyphonia' is it? isn't it 'peripheria' or something?... ('Polyphia')

i think they have a big future. very impressive to date, but will be on the next level with some time.

currently, i find it to be rhythmically interesting, but not so much, harmonically. great players though.

Return to “Guitars”