Kilohearts PHASE PLANT :?: Global controller MIDI MAP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One burning 🎯 ONE (1) New User QUESTION
:help: for the KILOHEARTS team and community KHz Phase Plant users:

#1 mapping the main 8 (Arturia KeyLab MKII) MIDI CONTROLLER knobs to the 8 Phase Plant MACRO KNOBS β€” is there a default controller script or global/generic MIDI LEARN setting someplace I just haven't found yet or do we really have to copy paste 8 MIDI CC modulators and map them to the knobs before I set up and define the macros β€” IN EACH PATCH? 😫

EDIT: *deleted* Reduced O.P. to single request for clarity
K.I.S.S. 8)
THANKS! - Pete

petedako wrote: ↑Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:03 pm One burning 🎯 ONE (1) New User QUESTION

#1 mapping the main 8 (Arturia KeyLab MKII) MIDI CONTROLLER knobs to the 8 Phase Plant MACRO KNOBS β€” is there a default controller script or global/generic MIDI LEARN setting someplace I just haven't found yet or do we really have to copy paste 8 MIDI CC modulators and map them to the knobs before I set up and define the macros β€” IN EACH PATCH? 😫

K.I.S.S. 8)
THANKS! - Pete
8 MACRO knobs on whichever controller are a standard and should just by default map to the 8 remote controls on your device container in your DAW though for third party devices they need a first time set up.

For instance in BITWIG you just need to enter the remote control setup page by clicking the spanner icon next to the synth to map the macros to the remotes. Other DAWS have a similar setup process.

petedako wrote: ↑Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:03 pm One burning 🎯 ONE (1) New User QUESTION

K.I.S.S. 8)
THANKS! - Pete
I have a KeyLab Mk II, and it can be as simple as right-clicking on any of the 8 macro knobs In Phase Plant, and selecting "click to bind". Then moving a knob on your controller sets it. Phase Plant remembers those bindings when you switch presets, at least for me.

Hope this helps!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

K.I.S.S. 8)
THANKS! - Pete
I have a KeyLab Mk II, and it can be as simple as right-clicking on any of the 8 macro knobs In Phase Plant, and selecting "click to bind". Then moving a knob on your controller sets it. Phase Plant remembers those bindings when you switch presets, at least for me.

Not using any DAW mappings for my controller here when using the KeyLab MK II in Analog Lab mode. The controller MIDI CC is seen directly by the plugin here.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by zzz00m on Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

THANK YOU for the reply but unfortunately it doesn't help me at all.
Can you give me, little more detail please?
…right clicking what exactly? :?: :?: :?:
Maybe you are mapping it in your DAW?
We can maybe do it in Bitwig but I have never had to so far
…everything else I use works great stock or 3rd party
but in Phase Plant if simply control click a macro knob that allows meto assign it's function to a Phase Plant synth parameter, not the MIDI controller
To do that I have to start with a new INIT preset, then
I have to selct a MIDI CC Modulator first and then map it + repeat one for each knob.
For example with 'ANALOG' selected on MKII the first knob is CC 74 so I do that one, then can assign it. Everything is fine but tediously simple as right-clicking on any of the 8 macro knobs every time.

Is there a group function to copy bits and pieces from one preset to another? whether these assignments or larger bits & pieces (groups of GENERATORS ie OSC/WT /Sampler and filters/envelopes etc) if so I havent figured out how yet :party: cheers
Is that how you set it up?
TY :tu: :?:
zzz00m wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:18 am I have a KeyLab Mk II, and it can be as simple as right-clicking on any of the 8 macro knobs In Phase Plant, and selecting "click to bind". Then moving a knob on your controller sets it. Phase Plant remembers those bindings when you switch presets, at least for me.

Hope this helps!

petedako wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:59 am THANK YOU for the reply but unfortunately it doesn't help me at all.
Can you give me, little more detail please?
…right clicking what exactly? :?: :?: :?:
Maybe you are mapping it in your DAW?
We can maybe do it in Bitwig but I have never had to so far
…everything else I use works great stock or 3rd party
but in Phase Plant if simply control click a macro knob that allows meto assign it's function to a Phase Plant synth parameter, not the MIDI controller
As I said, I simply right-clicked on any of the 8 macro knobs In Phase Plant.

No DAW mapping involved, or any DAW involvement at all, other than my Arturia controller is passing thru my DAW. And it has nothing at all to do with assigning internal Phase Plant parameters to specific macro knobs. It's strictly a one-to -one global assignment between a PP macro knob and a CC from my controller.

I'm on Windows 10, and this works the same with several DAWs here, including Studio One, Ableton Live, and Reaper. The bindings that I applied in one DAW are recognized by Phase Plant in the other DAWs, so these settings are apparently Global.

I don't have Bitwig, so I can't help with that one.

edit: delete, duplicate

Well that's very curious β€”I wonder what else is different besides the platform?
What DAW are you on?

On my machine, I have either missed a setting somewhere inside Phaseplant or this is the Khz Plug misbehaving. I just double checked on LOGIC and ABLETON I see the same behaviour) on all Keylab 61 MKII settings ('Analog' DAW USER with & without toggle) Β± It has nothing to do with the DAW or the controllerβ€” Arturia, Ableton, U-He X/Y Bitwig… PUSH etc instruments/devices are all either are premapped or I set them once for controller/device + and never have to reset

Coincidentally Bitwig just released another update so I checked the other two DAWs while it installs. on HIVE/ ZEBRA /ARTURIa there a dedicated window/tabs for this
β€” but I have not found them in Phaseplant +Khz FX except the one by each MIDI CC modulator I described above

Here's hopng someone else can chime in with a solution for me? :pray: please?

What about copying pasting between phazepant presets - can a make a group of these CC controllers for the 8 knobs to drop in each preset?
Klunky but chic…at least better than mapping x 8 over and over again :help:
zzz00m wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:15 am No DAW mapping involved, or any DAW involvement at all, other than my Arturia controller is passing thru my DAW. And it has nothing at all to do with assigning internal Phase Plant parameters to specific macro knobs. It's strictly a one-to -one global assignment between a PP macro knob and a CC from my controller.

I'm on Windows 10, and this works the same with several DAWs here, including Studio One, Ableton Live, and Reaper. The bindings that I applied in one DAW are recognized by Phase Plant in the other DAWs, so these settings are apparently Global.

I don't have Bitwig, so I can't help with that one.

:dog: :dog: :dog:

YAY. β€”Β I used the apple … not smart er… magic? mouse instead of usual track pad and finally discovered the necessary clicky sequence to pop up the elusive CLICK TO BIND Window :tu:

problem solved

i wonder what else i may have missed :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
zzz00m wrote: ↑Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:45 am edit: delete, duplicate
thank you again :oops:

Return to β€œInstruments”