Your VI highlight of 2022? New plugin, update or discovery?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As 2022 is winding down, a look at the releases of the past 12 months will probably have vastly different results for most of us on KVR. This question is more aimed your personal discovery of this year, less at another vote of the "best x of x".

My personal highlight in virtual instrument was Novum, for example. Its sounds were amazing, its workflow intuitive and its technology new. Very excited about the things DAWESOME will produce in the future (next synth KULT coming Dec 22 already).

My personal lowlight was Kontakt 7. So much potential to innovate, so many opportunities missed.

What about you?

Nick romero kickstart 2, cousin of shaperbox 3 ...
Sidechain for dummies, but what it does, it does perfectly. imho
It certainly looks like a gadget, but try it and you find it's got just the right amount of critical features packed into one superlightweight unit, instead of having to clutter my effect rack with several cpu hungry tools.
Fire and forget.

Nexus 4.5
Dune 3.5
Shaperbox 3

Daru925 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:48 pm Nick romero kickstart 2, cousin of shaperbox 3 ...
No VI (virtual instrument).

Personally, the last couple of years were disappointed in regards of new instruments for me. Nothing that interested me enough to make a purchase.

Backbone 1.5, CS-80 V4, Dreamsynth, GX-30 & Wavestate are my major favorite new instruments of 2022. www.presetpatch.com has a bunch of Wavestate compatible presets available on it but you can only download 11 patches or banks a day after you rate your favorites.

audiothing - noises. very useful for my needs and bloody good fun to use.
throw in reasonably priced and whats not to love?

disappointment, nothing, i leave disappointment to those with negativity in their souls :hihi:

NI Future Classics Collection including Super 8 and Form, Phoscyon 2, GForce Oddity... also pleased to get F'em and BioTek 2.

GForce SEM and Oddity 3

NI's Playbox, so great.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

felis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:34 pm GForce SEM and Oddity 3
I can go with that.

Not really a highlight, but I was pretty impressed with the free plugins from both audiomodern and lese audio. check em out, theyre free and worth a look. IMO :shrug:

lese.io
Last edited by pekbro on Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer 2, one of the finest sounding granular synths.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Best updates:

Nexus to 4.5
Sylenth to M1 compatible
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

MetaSynth updated a 7GB expansion pack from 20 years ago.
https://uisoftware.com/metasynth/
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

This is cheating a little, but my most used discovery this year was Cableguy's Curve 2. However, in the spirit of what this thread is about, Cableguy's ShaperBox 3 became one of my most-used tools.

And, oh yeah, Nexus 4.5, and that's because of its synth functionality.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Instruments”