Massive X - User Presets subfolders not shown...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bulbizarre wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:26 pm You can't do that. To seperate from commercial presets I start with something like -aa in the patch name since the display is alphabetic. So all my patches are the first to come up.
thx, this might be a good idea, but tedious with many presets :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:54 pm subfolders are not supported...
This is crazy.
Especially because the old Massive has a browser with banks (subfolders).
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

commerce wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:28 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:54 pm subfolders are not supported...
This is crazy.
Especially because the old Massive has a browser with banks (subfolders).
Old Massive had lots of stuff that is missing from MX.

yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

This is why the browser update earlier this year was so inadequate - NI chose to make it easier for people to find NI content but gave no thought to organisation and tagging of user content - which should have been a priority

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:56 pm wow :D Massive X for sure! 2021 next generation!
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:05 am yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
I see what you did here
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:52 am This is why the browser update earlier this year was so inadequate - NI chose to make it easier for people to find NI content but gave no thought to organisation and tagging of user content - which should have been a priority
This is true, the browser update was really weird. The library organisation is painful, i'm crying to have tagging option :x
Was there any information about the next update?
call me hand

What's up with all of this talk today about Pigments 3.5?

Pigments 4 was just released yesterday!

https://sonicstate.com/amped/2022/12/13 ... out-today/

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... s/overview
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It's been over 3 years and Massive X is still missing third party folders or other bread and butter features like not being able to drag and drop effects.

NI development is super slow. Honestly it feels like they have 2 devs responsible for all the updates. It's pretty amazing most of their products do not have GUI scaling let alone hiDPI.

Dencheg wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:48 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:56 pm wow :D Massive X for sure! 2021 next generation!
Caine123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:05 am yeah it is 2022! the future of NI!!!
I see what you did here
2023 incoming :D NI just gets better and better!

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:54 pm subfolders are not supported... all user presets are in one flat file. yes it sucks
We have asked for this since the very beginning! It seems obvious they have no interest in supporting presets/sound banks properly. :roll:

They don't make money from 3rd party presets, right? Why should they prioritise support of them in the browser in that case?
Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)

pixel85 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:13 am Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)
Right! But aside from 3rd party developers, consider that paying users cannot even organize their own preset creations. SMH... :dog:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

pixel85 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:13 am They don't make money from 3rd party presets, right? Why should they prioritise support of them in the browser in that case?
Knowing that their browser sucks at organizing the 3rd party presets is something that might deter some people from purchasing when evaluating a synth. So might cost them some money in the long run after people read threads like this one.

zzz00m wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:51 am
pixel85 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:13 am Presets released by NI are set properly in the browser. Just buy licensed presets from Apple... I mean NI ;)
Right! But aside from 3rd party developers, consider that paying users cannot even organize their own preset creations. SMH... :dog:
Maybe if users would have to pay a license for it or subscription, then NI would more willing to put it as a priority ;)

Return to “Instruments”