Are certain colors really better for certain models?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was reading the news today and one of the ad panels showed a picture of an SG with a butterscotch finish. I thought it looked pretty bad, but then thought of how many Tele's I have seen with the same finish which looked perfectly fine.

This made me wonder if it is a case of me being so used to only seeing SGs in black, red, and white, or whether there are certain colors which might work with one guitar but not another.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

butterscotch is ok for country bands but not for doom. doom is black or red.for blood :evil:
ocassionally white for a virgin to sacrifice of course.

these are the rules

i actually liked the pastille colour sgs they did a while back tbh.

I heard that you can also have puke or roadkill type coloring for various dark generes.

pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:08 pm I heard that you can also have puke or roadkill type coloring for various dark generes.
well they tried the roadkill on some country bands, but they all tried to eat the guitars :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:14 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:08 pm I heard that you can also have puke or roadkill type coloring for various dark generes.
well they tried the roadkill on some country bands, but they all tried to eat the guitars :shrug:
Youre right, I guess that's more of a country thing.
Screenshot 2022-12-22 091842.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

those crazy varmints!

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:06 pm butterscotch is ok for country bands but not for doom. doom is black or red.for blood :evil:

these are the rules
I can't think of many country bands that play SG's though.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:09 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:06 pm butterscotch is ok for country bands but not for doom. doom is black or red.for blood :evil:

these are the rules
I can't think of many country bands that play SG's though.
ah, well now we have a butterscotch option, you may start to see them!

No.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

i wouldnt trust him!
probably selling a day glo green les paul or something!!! :o

I reacted mostly seeing bass guitars in utterly ugly colors and pick cover combinations.

And then we see road worn versions of new instruments like they were run over by a truck or something. That is a mystery more than anything IMO.
- do buyer pretend they have a vintage rare something?
- you know, I've been around the block many times and very experienced

So grab for your pop-corns.... ;)

lfm wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:15 am And then we see road worn versions of new instruments like they were run over by a truck or something. That is a mystery more than anything IMO.
- do buyer pretend they have a vintage rare something?
- you know, I've been around the block many times and very experienced
I can understand the visual charm of an old worn out instrument. And nicely worn instruments often do feel better when playing. But I think for some players there's also this aspect of just being impatient and wanting that look and feel immediately, not after years of real playing. If that suits them, fine.

But many of the relic jobs look unnatural, not worn like a really played instrument would. Will also be interesting for the future vintage markets. They might look the part now, but if they will be played for real, they must look like sh1t at that point. And since they didn't start out with spanking new looks but rather as fakes, what "vintage" value can you give them then? Maybe refinished relics will be the hot item then? :P

My Fender AVRI with thin nitro spray self-relics just by looking at it.

I’m pretty careful but in heavy usage areas the paint is wearing off. Such is life.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I'd never own another Gibson, but the coloir for those is gloss Wine Red.
/end thread.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”