Arturia Spark 2 - Will Never Be M1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I’m the only one disappointed with this (though I understand pc users). Arturia has been on a good roll, but to give up on one of the better drum plugins is…mysterious.

It's a cool concept, but, to be honest, the software was a bit of a mess. Both in terms of the software's architecture and GUI and in terms of bugginess. Let's just say I'm not surprised that it was discontinued, also considering the hardware was discontinued.

I wouldn't mind Arturia rebuilding Spark from the ground up (even if only software) as Spark 3. Or even just doing VST versions of the DrumBrute and DrumBrute Impact. I've got a DrumBrute, and honestly, it's not my favorite sounding drum synth by any stretch, but they're really lacking drum products in their software portfolio.

I agree its a great plugin. I think its very crowded space and Arturia gave up. Don't blame them. So many other options to choose from.
all the best

Was something announced?

niterateaudio wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:55 pm I agree its a great plugin. I think its very crowded space and Arturia gave up. Don't blame them. So many other options to choose from.
What alternatives are there?

pierb wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 am
niterateaudio wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:55 pm I agree its a great plugin. I think its very crowded space and Arturia gave up. Don't blame them. So many other options to choose from.
What alternatives are there?
Well Beatstep Pro and any drum module like Battery, TAL Drum, Atlas etc. etc.

I liked Spark too, it's possible it's the same old story for any larger company, and the main developer moved on, like with Absynth and NI, MOTU and BPM etc. etc.

As I wrote above, the concept is great. But, the execution was a bit of a mess, and pretty overachieving. If they ever plan to do something similar, but keep it a bit more simple, then I'm all for it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:26 pm It's a cool concept, but, to be honest, the software was a bit of a mess. Both in terms of the software's architecture and GUI and in terms of bugginess. Let's just say I'm not surprised that it was discontinued, also considering the hardware was discontinued.
In truth - to add more context to my original post, I stopped using it at some point of either a Logic or OS update, as when I would close a session and come back, it would lose all of the original drums I had selected, which was (and I know this is petty)...crushing, after all the work I put into it. Other than that, the UI, I thought, was intuitive - and I do realize that's a personal thing. "Things" could have been made better, that's for sure, with attention and updates.

SHall1000 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:23 am Was something announced?
Not per se - excuse my French, but when I looked up compatibility, out of curiosity - because I forget about many plugins "of the past" I've used, and Spark popped into my head - it was listed among a handful of "no further development."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bodhisan wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:23 pm Maybe I’m the only one disappointed with this (though I understand pc users). Arturia has been on a good roll, but to give up on one of the better drum plugins is…mysterious.
I know its possible run some iOS apps on Mac, maybe the Arturia iSpark app will work? Have you tried that?

bioroid wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:23 pm Maybe I’m the only one disappointed with this (though I understand pc users). Arturia has been on a good roll, but to give up on one of the better drum plugins is…mysterious.
I know its possible run some iOS apps on Mac, maybe the Arturia iSpark app will work? Have you tried that?
I have not - I'll give that a try and see what happens. :)

I think I already asked the question once, but forgot the answer: Is there a drum machine which hosts VSTi's? Would be cool to be able load your VSTi's in the different drum slots.

And don't say Bitwig Drum Rack now. I don't use Bitwig, and never will. ;)

Never say never.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:44 pm I think I already asked the question once, but forgot the answer: Is there a drum machine which hosts VSTi's? Would be cool to be able load your VSTi's in the different drum slots.

And don't say Bitwig Drum Rack now. I don't use Bitwig, and never will. ;)
NI Maschine.

Return to “Instruments”