How to connect the linnstrument to the vermona perfourmer

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

New here just for this question.

How do i connect the linnstrument to the vermona perfourmer?

I use midi cable. No power, because the linnstrument is supplied without power.
I put the usb in another box to supply the linnstrument with power.

Midi channels are on the same number. Nothing is happening.
midi out on linnstrument to midi in on vermona. channel1.

Is it because i put the usb into a akaiforce for power?

What else should i do. No plug and play as it seems.

Best,

Ronny

Linnstrument global settings, choose midi there. You can only choose midi or USB (default).

thank you very mucho Dirk.
Do you know if there was a power adapter in the box?

Best,

Ronny

It doesn't come with an adapter as far as I know. The manual says
POWER JACK

(Not on LinnStrument 128): Standard round power connector, for use when not getting power from USB. Any DC power supply, center negative or center positive from 7.5 to 15 volts, at least 300 mA can be used. Or any AC supply with 9 to 15 volts, at least 300+ mA, can also be used.
Maybe your Akai has midi passthrough? So you could do Vermona <--> Akai <--> Linnstrument

USB for power works fine, just make sure your usb (hub or port) can provide the power mentioned above.

wakyct wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:59 pm It doesn't come with an adapter as far as I know. The manual says
POWER JACK

(Not on LinnStrument 128): Standard round power connector, for use when not getting power from USB. Any DC power supply, center negative or center positive from 7.5 to 15 volts, at least 300 mA can be used. Or any AC supply with 9 to 15 volts, at least 300+ mA, can also be used.
Maybe your Akai has midi passthrough? So you could do Vermona <--> Akai <--> Linnstrument
The akai doesnt suppert MPE

Return to “Roger Linn Design”