Jamuary 2023 - Expensive Notes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks. Inspiration for someone else, great!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Jamuary 2023 - Ambient with Bespoke Teensy Synth and NTS 1 Reverb

Like it says on the tin. A Teensy Synth I made, in ambient mode, into the NTS-1 with the riser reverb.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKLukubJPI
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:30 am Jamuary 2023 - Ambient with Bespoke Teensy Synth and NTS 1 Reverb

Like it says on the tin. A Teensy Synth I made, in ambient mode, into the NTS-1 with the riser reverb.

lush!
lovely sound and a great reverb :o i had no idea the nts packed such a punch!!

love the light stings visual too 8)

Allomerus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:34 am #Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam 2 - Trap/Berlin with Mellotron Choir

That’s right it’s a mash up of styles. One more go with these, then I will move on I think.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrfGkjgEu8
cool! nice bit of glitch hop 8)

is the boxing on the operators?

Allomerus wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 pm #Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam - Mellotron and Garage Samples

I forgot how much fun they can be until I got them out for a play...
The PO33 has samples of garage noises and mellotron strings (A sample of a sample of strings!).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7BTW7-xPg
80s futuristic crime drama theme 8)

Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:13 am #Jamuary 2023 Tummy Time Crab Jam with Volca Sample and Volca Keys

This crab astounds my granddaughter and also it amuses me. It definitely has a Techno feel to its sound. I just had to jam with it and her sounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUntggqnEvU
:lol: love it!! bet im not the only person who searched for tummy time crab after watching :hihi:

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:46 am #Jamuary 2023 - eBow and Sy1000 Guitar Synth Drones?

Needless to say I had to multitrack this jam to get more than one guitar synth part with the eBow (guitar sustainer). The eBow is a great way to alter the amplitude envelope for a guitar synth but it's a bit of a beast to tame!
The SY1000 patch is the "Baritone Tenor Sax " patch, again created by the very talented Nobulusprime at VGuitar Forums.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S3Djb_MgIs
ebows are great fun!
nice eastern vibe 8)

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:30 am Jamuary 2023 - Ambient with Bespoke Teensy Synth and NTS 1 Reverb

This is lovely and you’re absolutely right, it’s meditative. I didn’t think I liked this style before this Jamuary and I’m learning I probably need more of this.

Vurt is right, it’s absolutely lush. I massacre anything every time I use a pitched reverb for anything other than sound effects, so you have my respect for making it every bit apart of the sound. Again, nicely done.

Allomerus wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:42 am #Jamuary 2023 - Dual Launchpad (Teensy Controlled) Jam with Drone Enabled. RD-6, TD-3, Volca FM & Keys

Using my Bespoke Teensy Controlled Dual Launchpad system.
This is more of a demonstration of jamming using my system than a great Jam. ;-)
No patterns were created before starting. I used the random pattern function to generate one pattern and I also tested some new functions:
- Drum Ratchet
- Probability per Step
- Synth Drone
- Teensy System is now capable of driving 4 synths and 1 drums machine via dedicated MIDI outs
Synths:
Volca FM: Nice drone sounds
Volca Keys: Crunchy Delay/Echo
RD-6: Drums
TD-3: Random pattern

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHHD4sWyJw
that is impressive on so many levels, from building bits yourself to doing it all from scratch on camera :clap:
and sounds great too 8)

Allomerus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:50 am #Jamuary - Welcome to the Bespoke Berlin Machine - SY1000 - Volca Modular and my Berlin Machine

Thanks to Nobulusprime at www.vguitarforums.com for the Awesome SY1000 patch. Genius programming.
www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?top ... #msg256153

Also using a Volca modular and my bespoke Berlin machine programmed with a Teensy microcontroller and audio card.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw3Q7EPD9Y4
welcome my son...

that could easily have been a live floyd jam, while dave is changing a string!
awesome work.

Allomerus wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:22 am #Jamuary 2023 - Volcas - Sample with Bush Noises and FM

All the sounds are recorded from a local National Park including:
- Crickets
- Pebble Bonk Frog
- Various birds
- Kookaburras

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NWJ-x_v7DY
never heard of a pebble bonk frog, but i like both the name and sound it makes :D
nice drone sound there too! 8)

Allomerus wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:36 am #Jamuary 2023 - Dual LaunchPads and Teensy Controlling RD-6, TD-3, Volca FM and Volca Keys

Using my Bespoke Teensy Controlled Dual Launchpad system.
The patterns were randomly generated by the system prior to the Jam.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEobBQQo5j4
lovely percussion work and the "whale" synth is great 8)

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:14 am #Jamuary 2023 - Volca Sample and Bass - Garage Sounds Samples

The Volca Sample is playing sounds I made from tools etc. in the Garage.
Includes:
- Vice
- Tray of Bolts
- Hitting a section of train rail

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNl9t8Wj_A
nice synth line
just how big is your garage that it needs its own internal railway system? :o
always love some "found sounds" 8)

Allomerus wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:22 am #Jamuary 2023 - Bespoke Berlin School Synthesiser with a SY1000 Guitar Synth

Trying out my Berlin School Sequence Machine with my SY1000 guitar synth. On listening back I think the Saw tooth probably needs some work with the amplitude envelope, but it has plenty of grunt!
I use 3 different presets on the SY1000. A guitar with a single echo and a shimmering synth, the replicant patch and the mono sine with lots of glide.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO_0M02nAWY
total steve hillage vibes!
you sir, are an electric gypsy! 8)

Thanks vurt for all your listens and comments.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:53 pm lush!
lovely sound and a great reverb :o i had no idea the nts packed such a punch!!
love the light stings visual too 8)
The NTS-1 is great, even the synths are cool. You can even add more third party effects and synths.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:57 pm cool! nice bit of glitch hop 8)
is the boxing on the operators?
Thanks. The background is from the pocket operator screen, which are fun animations. I used a digital microscope I have for electronics.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:02 pm 80s futuristic crime drama theme 8)
It certainly could be... mmmm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:07 pm :lol: love it!! bet im not the only person who searched for tummy time crab after watching :hihi:
I'll bet you are not. I love it so much I am going to use it again for a techno blues track! 8)
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 pm ebows are great fun!
nice eastern vibe 8)
They are great, I have had mine over 30 years and it's still going strong.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:20 pm that is impressive on so many levels, from building bits yourself to doing it all from scratch on camera :clap:
and sounds great too 8)
Thank you, I enjoy making new things and trying out new ideas. It's a great learning experience too! Glad it sounds good too.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:27 pm welcome my son...
that could easily have been a live floyd jam, while dave is changing a string!
awesome work.
Thank you vurt. I can only say that this is a huge compliment for me. 8) Floyd were brilliant and a constant source of inspiration.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:32 pm never heard of a pebble bonk frog, but i like both the name and sound it makes :D
nice drone sound there too! 8)
That's because it's pobble bonk, bloody spell check defeated me again. :dog:
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm lovely percussion work and the "whale" synth is great 8)
I like that description "whale synth". Maybe a great idea for a sample...
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 pm nice synth line
just how big is your garage that it needs its own internal railway system? :o
always love some "found sounds" 8)
:o Ha, it is a double car garage and the piece of rail is about a foot long. My father who was a toolmaker and master maker of mechanical devices (he built his own bench saw with a washing machine motor) got it from somewhere. It's great for straightening stuff I bend accidentally.
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:50 pm total steve hillage vibes!
you sir, are an electric gypsy! 8)
Thanks vurt, another nice reference.

I think I answered them all, thanks again..
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”