u-he diva; rename favourites?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

With u-he diva is there any way to rename the "favourites" categories/tags? I want to create custom favourite categories such as "basses I like"

No. It's been requested many times just not implemented yet.

I just make my own folders. Copy paste to those and treat the originals as a source archive.

floatingworld wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:08 pm With u-he diva is there any way to rename the "favourites" categories/tags? I want to create custom favourite categories such as "basses I like"
u-he has a dedicated forum with the devs listening and responding:
viewforum.php?f=31

Maybe also check out the recently added bank name feature. You can assign the presets you like a bank name, and browse by those.

Urs wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 am Maybe also check out the recently added bank name feature. You can assign the presets you like a bank name, and browse by those.
Fingers crossed for a "5 Year Anniversary Edition" of the preset browser that allows renaming "Favourite 1-8" to something actually useful/descriptive. :wink:

My favorite (re-) name for diva would be Shiva or Katalomboom.
"Diva" always reminds me of an old chubby and moody lady, so the not very fresh looking tiring red colour was the right choice.

Though Diva nails it. It emulates ancient beauties, its not young and fresh, its old but great and knows many tricks…

Urs wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 am Maybe also check out the recently added bank name feature. You can assign the presets you like a bank name, and browse by those.
This is interesting to me. Tried this in ZebraHZ, but how do I then create an own bank with a custom name?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 am
This is interesting to me. Tried this in ZebraHZ, but how do I then create an own bank with a custom name?
easy:

"Bank

[...]

You can even create your own custom banks: Drag & drop one or more presets onto the ‘Bank’ folder then enter a suitable bank name into the dialogue box.

To remove Bank attributes from a selection of presets, either drag & drop them onto the ‘no Bank’ folder you will see at the bottom of the Bank list, or right-click on the Bank and select Remove Presets from Bank. Empty Banks will disappear."

Ah, so nice, thanks! OMG I can even drag multiple at once. Just like in heaven.

Oh ok, though I can only use one bank per preset at once. So it is not really like a tagging system. I wanted to "tag" the presets a) by target genre and b) by subjective quality, and also maybe multiple genres at once...

There is this nice tagging system. It currently has "category", "features" and "character". What about adding "genre", too? And then add nice genre tree...?

You also could add "personal rating"...

Then the only thing missing would be the ability to select multiple tags at once for filtering... Like "synthwave", "awesome", "dark", "pad". EDIT: Ok, searching multiple tags at once is possible, sorry for the confusion.

Then my request is: Please add two more tag trees:
a) "genre"
b) "personal rating"

Thanks

Atm we don't want to conflate the fixed tags (which are fixed for a reason...) with user defined tags.

User defined tags pose a dilemma where the expectation of people who use the system and the ecosystem of sharing/selling soundsets collide. User tags would only ever live on that user's machine, and would be hard to sync if multiple machines were involved. This would work best with some kind of online management, like a cloud service, which we do not find desirable (we won't manage user data online).

Apart from Favourites and Bank Name, the best thing to introduce multiple tags in our preset system is consistently editing the description fields of our presets, which are searchable (and searches can be saved for later use).

No, I mean that U-He officially adds the tag category "genre". The voting can be done using the color tags. But I think genre really would be very helpful...

Anyway just for testing purposes, I edited ZwbraHZ_Presets.tagsdb using DB Browser, like this:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-25 um 13.24.45.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-25 um 13.24.55.png
Sadly the new tags do not appear in ZebraHZ, even not after DAW restart and presets refresh... What am I doing wrong here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IDK, maybe better not to touch this... (not my field of expertise in our codebase)

Return to “Instruments”