AAS String Studio alternatives

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must acknowledge the power of String Studio synth, but I have observed remarkable deficiencies in the physical model. It seems legato articulation which is played on the fingerboard of the real counterparts has not been modeled, so every legato articulation seems to be plucked!
Do you know about any strings synth that models a true legato while getting close to the real thing?
Last edited by barrabasito on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

The SWAM instruments are supposed to be pretty good: https://audiomodeling.com/

I know it, and the models are very accurate, but unfortunately swam doesn't model plucked instruments, only bow.

ASS?

Edit: OP now corrected thread title
Last edited by revvy on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Never played the real thing, but you might try VSM from GForce ... not modelled tho'. It's sample based. https://gforcesoftware.com/products/vsm/
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plasmonic and lots of Reaktor ensembles

barrabasito wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:48 pm I must acknowledge the power of String Studio synth, but I have observed remarkable deficiencies in the physical model. It seems legato articulation which is played on the fingerboard of the real counterparts has not been modeled, so every legato articulation seems to be plucked!
Do you know about any strings synth that models a true legato while getting close to the real thing?
There's nothing quite like string studio... I mostly think of it as a unique instrument, not an exact emulation (which it isn't). It makes some gorgeous sounds!

I agree, but when It models a true legato then it will be much nicer and usable

Reason Studios Friktion is a great PM string synth.

What about the guitar model of Pianoteq? (at least for guitar and similar instruments)

I've tried Pianoteq keyboard instruments so i guess the guitar model is nice. But i don't know if it can go further from the classical guitar model. It would be great to be able to configure the whole instrument physical characteristics (strings, body, figerboard length, frets...)

barrabasito wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:29 am I agree, but when It models a true legato then it will be much nicer and usable
If you don't find an alternative, you could also set the pitch bend range in String Studio to 12 semi tones and us pitch bends to get legato pitch changes.

I have just noticed that AAS Strum implements a true legato. I wonder why they did not the same for String Studio!

Return to “Instruments”