Contest Januari: Submission is CLOSED.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Midi drums.
Use the midi file from the link below, in any Daw. There are serval versions of midi mapping of the file + general midi.

Rules: The file is 1:04 min you must use the entire midi file, without editing.
If you want to have a longer drum track than 1:04 you can copy the first midi file and chop up the drums you want from the file. You are not allowed to add any other drums than from the file.

You can use any BPM you want, the original is 120 4/4.
If you want an audio file instead of midi, contact me.

Drums Download

Time Limit: 4 min
Submitted by Jan 27 22:00 CET

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - Time Limit: 4 min
3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artist name is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog
Last edited by Hellfog on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

https://soundcloud.com/user-568546770/k ... al_sharing
Logic Pro X

Plastic Nylon Guitar (Default DirMix, Compressor, and EQ)
Fingerstyle Bass (default bass amp, pedalboard, compressor, echo)
Some mouth noises

Opening- Thefplus 273

Mardi Gras

HW:
Fender 'Fire' Strat, Nux MG-30, Eventide H9
SW :
NI B4, NI Bandstand, AD Drums, Truepianos, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field, Vocaloid Amy

General Midi's Social Brains Club Banger

Cubasis 3 iOS: The GM Drums triggering Fractal Bits and Modal.
Apps: Speech Unit, Internal Cubasis sounds + my dog Sammi! ;)

Cubase Pro 12 Desktop: The GM Drums triggering:
Modo Drums and Kontakt (Hand claps)

Plugins: Modo Bass 2, Sampletank 4, Soundpaint, Wavestate Native and Bohemian Violin.

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... lub-banger
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

The fourth finally made it, and I think I can finish the other three too, just not with the dam drum file.

The brass big band arrangement is a software suggestion which I tuned to my tastes.

2301_harvon_It_takes_four.mp3

Studio One, Ludwig
Clarinetica, Kontakt default libraries, RF-Soundfont
musescore_default.sf2
Samples from Soundbacks free jazz drum kit

Mess in Garage submited by zdeniz

Used soft: GarageBand for iOS

Here's my first entry to Music Cafe. I hope you enjoy it and I have complied with the rules.
2301_DoctorBob_At_Bobs_Cafe.mp3 available via the Soundcloud link below.

It's a loose rock/jazz based thing.

DAW: Reaper
80 Loops from my collection of Magix Music Maker Soundpools (all paid for!!!)
Drum track rendered with Magix Jazz Drums VST
Track FX: OTT, ReaEQ, Twin Delay
Master FX: Stillwell Audio 1973, Ferric TDSMKII, Voxengo MSED, TDR Limiter No.6 GE.
Meter: Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (Free)

LUFS: -15
DR: 9

Download format : 192 kps mp3 3Mb

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/2301_d ... _bobs_cafe
Last edited by doctorbob on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't Know

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Yamaha acoustic guitar
Fender Telecaster

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2
Tracktion 4-Band EQ, Low/High Pass Filter & Delay
TDR Feedback Compressor & Nova
OrilRiver
Sampletank 3
HaNonB701
mdaEPiano
VinKEY
Vocal King
Wider
Master Mix
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

My first KVR Music Cafe effort. This was thrown together in Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro with the following instruments:

Modo Drum - IK
Modo Bass - IK
Hammond B3-X - IK
Virtual Guitarist Carbon - ujam
Matcha - Wedge Force
Pipa - Klevgrand

The following effects were also used:

dpMeter5 - TBProAudio
Gain 3 - BlueCat Audio
KClip3 - Kazarog
kHz Stereo - KiloHearts
Amplitube - IK
TR5 Black 76 - IK
TR5 Master EQ-432 - IK
TR5 Tape Machine 24 - IK
TR5 Stealth Limiter - IK
TR5 Metering - IK

https://soundcloud.com/violator-alba-99 ... al_sharing

Well I was determined to get something done, and actually I think this might have a future :lol:
https://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.p ... ttach=7378

Roland Soundcanvas (the real thing) for the percussion.
Yoshimi for the rest.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

My Entry: Chimps Never Wave Goodbye

https://soundcloud.com/slugnest/chimps- ... al_sharing

DAW: Reaper
Drums: Steve Slate
Bass & Guitar: Ample Virtual Guitars
Synths: Surge
Choir: Native Instruments
Crowd sounds: Surge noise with filters
Vocals: Me!
Captain Silverpants

It's not much, but it's an entry, and it's called Fidder for some reason.

>> .ogg download << | >> .mp3 download <<

Sound organizer: Reaper
Sound sources: Steven Slate Drums, Optik, Zebra, Podolski, TyrrellN6, Surge, Apricot
Sound manipulators: Things-Bubbles, Filterjam, Glaceverb, Multilens, TAL-dub-3, TLs-3113

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vduhYt ... sp=sharing
DAW: Fruity Loops
Instruments:
MT-PowerDrumkit
Unreal Metal GTX with Guitar Rig

Sekai no ōkoku

Cubase 12. Saturn 8, Hive 2, CS-M, Saturn 4, Addictive drums 2 Reel Machines.
Ozone 9 EQ, Studio Eq, TR5 EQP, TR5 Black 76, Ozone 9 Mastering.

i know that it's a little late submission but i wanted to share you the track i made ( impossible to put it in google drive yesterday !!)
TOMATE PERIMEE
made in ableton live 11 ( with instrument "pad arco grainer" )
guitar rig
EZ drummer 3 and NI battery
i don't want you to vote for me du to the delay but i just wanted to share my work .. :party:
i hope i 'll can vote because so many fantastics submissions :)
good luck :tu:
edit : yes you can vote for me and i can vote for you !! hellfog is so GALANT :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”