Fragile Gods - "When the Nighttime Comes"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VCA-089 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 am Great work, as always!

I really like the overall cinematic feel of it that comes from synthetic soundscapes and lyrics. It's very sophisticated and "progressive" I should say. If this kind of music still can be described as "pop" than I could describe modern pop music as "brown noise".
Thanks very much for your encouraging words!
VCA-089 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 am The song itself gives me an image of being stuck in an ever ending routine in your life, constantly being depressive, anxious and slowly going nuts. Such familiar things I can totally relate to.
Yep, that's pretty much the story of my life in a nutshell. :lol: :help:

Did somebody just say "Vanishing Point"? :D

seismic1 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:05 pm More comments later, but the first thing I noticed here was that I didn't need the lyric sheet for this one :) This may have been the case for a while, but I certainly noticed it here.
Yes, the intention was for the lyrics to be intelligible on this one as the verses are kind of like spoken word pieces.

frank1985 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:44 am Great as usual...nice interplay between the two vocals, they sound good together
Thank you. :)

seismic1 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:00 am Is Frantz returning to the dark side? On the evidence of the first 90 seconds, it seems that this will be the case. Will he manage to drag Aika, kicking and screaming (metaphorically) with him? It seemed unlikely, given her bright and melodic delivery in previous collaborations, but she seems to buy into Frantz' dark vision with relish. The lyrics work for me, and enroe already alluded to their "SciFi" "dystopian" nature.

The overall sound of the track (synths, drums) also seems to be darker than usual (almost hazy). I think it works very well. Do I also detect an increased use of reverb?
I'm not sure how much, if any, kicking and screaming went on as Aika normally sends me her final vox without a lot of discussion. In this case, I think she fully embraced the darkness and her vocals meshed well with the concept of the song.

Listening back to this, dark and hazy is a good description of the backing track. I think I was subconsciously trying to create a dark and otherworldly atmosphere. I started using more reverb on the vox to get the voices to blend better. I don't recall using more reverb on the synths but it is possible.

Thanks for comments. :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:23 am Did somebody just say "Vanishing Point"? :D
Yep, it was posted here and remastered by you almost exactly 10 years ago. :)

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/vanishingpoint

Not many folks from the original thread are still active here. Maybe we should earn Music Cafe Survivor awards? :ud:

I still listen to VP a couple of times whenever you release a new track.

10 years already. Where does the time go?

I don't mind an occasional awards ceremony, but I'll draw the line at dressing-up like a glossy stealth-bomber :wink:

seismic1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:14 pm I still listen to VP a couple of times whenever you release a new track.

10 years already. Where does the time go?
I can't remember the last time I listened to it until now. I think your mastering job holds up very well. This is before I attempting any singing so I am talking all the way through which gets to be a bit much. Otherwise, it's a cool, weird track I think.
seismic1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:14 pm I don't mind an occasional awards ceremony, but I'll draw the line at dressing-up like a glossy stealth-bomber :wink:
Would you consider dressing up like a Chinese spy balloon? :ud:

I just - at daybreak (!) - heard this song again: It's a real night anthem!
Brilliantly done! :hail:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:35 am I just - at daybreak (!) - heard this song again: It's a real night anthem!
Brilliantly done! :hail:
Thanks for giving this another listen! This is also reminding me to finish the lyrics for my next song. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”