Contest: Jan Gossip + The result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

silverpants wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:16 pm Welcome Doctor Bob! It seems acceptable to submit a downloadable SoundCloud song too.
I uploaded the mp3 to Soundcloud, so if you download from there you will get the mp3 I uploaded.

I assume that's within the rules??

dB

doctorbob wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:05 pm
silverpants wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:16 pm Welcome Doctor Bob! It seems acceptable to submit a downloadable SoundCloud song too.
I uploaded the mp3 to Soundcloud, so if you download from there you will get the mp3 I uploaded.

I assume that's within the rules??

dB
Yes. It always works for me.
Captain Silverpants

harvon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:01 pm
folderol wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:10 pm Harvon - I'm puzzled by your entry - seems like you uploaded the wrong file :shrug:
Certainly not!

Le me guess - you don't hear the drums

Just raise the volume. On one hand I mixed the drums low as suits the style and on the other hand I used some brush strokes in the repeating patterns. The brushes don't stick out that much.
Ah yes - sneaky :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Since we were forced to use Midi Drums in the style of Phil Collins, here is a Brand X track with Phil C on drums. 8) :party: :hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BRa2mVEjPY
Fusion

Never before have I done a piece over a drum track. It gave difficulties so I don't think I will use this method on my composings. Perhaps you find to suggest something easier for feb music creation

harvon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:51 pm Never before have I done a piece over a drum track. It gave difficulties so I don't think I will use this method on my composings. Perhaps you find to suggest something easier for feb music creation
The inspiration came from an old Contest on different forum many years-ago, but Only difference was then it was unmixed wav stems. I was thinking about doing that here also, but I think that would not be so popular here.

Hellfog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:48 am
harvon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:51 pm Never before have I done a piece over a drum track. It gave difficulties so I don't think I will use this method on my composings. Perhaps you find to suggest something easier for feb music creation
The inspiration came from an old Contest on different forum many years-ago, but Only difference was then it was unmixed wav stems. I was thinking about doing that here also, but I think that would not be so popular here.
I enjoyed it much more than I thought it was going to. I normally like a loose theme on a topic, but this was an interesting change. Cool to see how it inspired people differently.
Captain Silverpants

silverpants wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:59 pm
Hellfog wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:48 am
I enjoyed it much more than I thought it was going to. I normally like a loose theme on a topic, but this was an interesting change. Cool to see how it inspired people differently.
Indeed. It required both brain cells to co-operate :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I agree on all that
I enjoyed this theme so much

pur boeuf; asked for uploading late that was ok. And of course can you vote on him.

FYI: I add the votes as they come in to a Google Sheet. Hellfog you can use it when the voting ends to declare the winner.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Captain Silverpants

silverpants wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:55 pm FYI: I add the votes as they come in to a Google Sheet. Hellfog you can use it when the voting ends to declare the winner.

Nice thank you.

Just waiting on Littlebea. Otherwise all the results are in.

Captain Silverpants

Interesting that most people got a zero from someone ... shows that we have a good variety of musical tastes ... a good thing :tu:

Well, the situation is so and so clear already, congrats to winners and everybody who participated!

Nowdays even the free tools that are available to music producers are many, have a very good pro quality, and cover the hole process from idea development to mastering. Thus success in our little contest requires one to be a good composer, musician, arranger and studio engineer who knows to work with lots of very demanding software.

My appreciation.

Return to “Music Cafe”