Contest: Feb ”Gossip”

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next theme

Yes?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hellfog wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:27 pmNext theme
Define a mood of your choice

I have two themes in mind.

A dry song: without reverb, delay, Echo on all instruments and vocals.
A child and their dreams in a fantasyland.

Mmm. Both are very interesting concepts :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

write a duet :?: :phones:

Babylon420 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:09 pm write a duet :?: :phones:
But would that be in a question/answer format or parallel.
Then again instrumental or sung?
P.S.
You don't want to hear me sing :lol:

Incidentally, I might have to drop out of this one. I'll likely be "off grid" from 25 Feb till 1 March :(

folderol wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:46 am
P.S.

Incidentally, I might have to drop out of this one. I'll likely be "off grid" from 25 Feb till 1 March :(
Maybe Hellfog could extend the voting deadline a few days.
Captain Silverpants

silverpants wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:23 pm
P.S.

Sure I can do that.

Hellfog wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:47 pm
silverpants wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:23 pm
P.S.

Sure I can do that.
Fank Ooo :hyper:

I did a piece using minimalistic techniques for a recent OSC. Take a small phrase and repeat that with minor variations with single, multiple instruments and also call and response notions.

1. An idea would be - give us a phrase and then let us work with that as per above. Only allow a change of 1 note per 4 bars, or something like that?

2. Only use the white or black notes?

dB

doctorbob wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:27 pm I did a piece using minimalistic techniques for a recent OSC. Take a small phrase and repeat that with minor variations with single, multiple instruments and also call and response notions.

1. An idea would be - give us a phrase and then let us work with that as per above. Only allow a change of 1 note per 4 bars, or something like that?

2. Only use the white or black notes?

dB

Nr 1 sounds interesting.

Nr 2 Don’t know how to apply that to string instrument easy. Otherwise very cool theme, maybe we should do that theme, I’m very intrigued.

Re no. 2: my understanding of guitar scales is limited to say the least but I believe this might be equivalent to all the black notes:
https://www.guitarscale.org/e-flat-pent ... minor.html
I wonder if I can play those on a ukulele...

The idea of only white or only black keys is the idea of a specific scale. Now, there are more interesting scales than only W/B keys. The following can all be played with a normal piano. I say let's use one of these.

https://www.pianoscales.org/exotic.html

What it is good with playing Only Black or White keys, you can see where to play opposite to specific scale you must know where to play. You can improvise on Black or White keys without knowing anything.

Return to “Music Cafe”