Ample Sound - feedback of their products? (Orangetree Samples maybe too)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, i wanted to maybe ge some electric guitar library and orange tree samples and amplesound seem nice, amplesound is a bit cheaper sometimes but before i wanted to maybe purchase a library how is their support and their products? thx
Last edited by Caine123 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Orange Tree is fantastic. I own every library they have. I can get a very realistic guitar sound/performance quite quickly. And most the of the products are for use with free Kontakt player. Here is an example I did a few years ago. All guitars are Orange Tree:

https://soundcloud.com/jonsolo/ordinary ... al_sharing

JonSolo wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:41 pm Here is an example I did a few years ago.
Jon, I've listened to this track before in another thread, and again here.
Really nice job capturing a late '80s indie/college rock vibe.

You could have benefited from an outside producer, though, who could have pushed your vocal performance a little bit more. It's 90% but I think you held back and left a little on the table that could have made the difference between a good take and a great take. I would have liked a little more stress and urgency in the voice. I can hear you have the kind of voice that could do that well if you pushed it harder.
Last edited by jamcat on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Both companies make excellent guitar VIs and IMO are the ones to go to for that. I haven't had to deal with their tech support so can't speak to that.

Two of the best companies! And don't overlook Indiginus. So there's 3 great companies out there!
https://www.indiginus.com/generation-electric-guitar
https://youtu.be/y92VT19dD0E
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Both Orange and AmpleSound are excellent, and I own many guitars from both, but tend to reach more for the AmpleSound as I find the strumming playability in particular to be excellent (and unequalled by other plugins). One can't go wrong with either, but if virtual strumming is important to you, I'd definitely checking out AmpleSound's capabilities in that area.

What is the best way to save on purchasing these? It seems I have missed the recent AmpleSound sale and Orange has one big opportunity each summer (group sale). Any other chances to get a larger set of their instruments with a decent discount? By that I mean more than 50%

h0g0f0g0 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:26 am What is the best way to save on purchasing these? It seems I have missed the recent AmpleSound sale and Orange has one big opportunity each summer (group sale). Any other chances to get a larger set of their instruments with a decent discount? By that I mean more than 50%
I have almost all of them for sale at the Sell & Buy with a huge (cca. 70%) discount and even extra bundle discounts! ;)

Not anymore ;)
BTW anyone selling Ample Sounds libraries?

I found some Amplesound libs for sale but a word of caution - once the license is transferred, it will become NFR. So you cannot sell it anymore. For me, that's a red flag and I rather wait for a sale and purchase a bundle. Secondhand license as NFR is well known "feature" of Spectrasonics products. No idea why Ample decided to limit their customers in this way...

I can't speak for Orangetree Samples because I never had a chance to test their guitars, but for AmpleSound I can. Overall AmpleSound is solid, it's free from Kontakt and their products has many features. Their acoustic guitars are great. But from Eclipse and Hellrazer I just wasn't able to get results what could satisfy me enough in terms of realism. I listened many demos, I tried my own, and I always can tell it's a sampled guitars and not real record. Another issue is their fretting algos (in Hellrazer it's two of them, in Eclipse I can't remember) that sometimes do strange decisions, sometimes they just don't want to play all notes in a chord that definitely can be played. Also palm mutes in these guitars not so versatile, this articulation has small amount of layers (mute levels).

To be clear what is "realistic enough" to me I want to show this little cutted part (with quite detailded lead guitar playig) from my old metal project which is done purely with VSTi's (except vocals of course). It's poorly mixed, but if some guitarist I know showed me such a recording and said he played it, I would not suspect anything i think.

https://on.highnote.fm/space/fd6523d7-5 ... 02f6?share

P.S. It's not AmpleSound nor Orangetree samples.

Return to “Instruments”