Show and Tell - Your guitar(s)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:18 pm I know someone with a Japanese Epi 335. Says it's an impossibly good guitar for the money.
I had that model before. Easily as good as an American Gibson except with a skinny, almost shreddy neck. The Epiphone LQ's have larger necks that I prefer but they sadly never made a 335 in that series.
Bro, how many plates u benching?

Bombadil wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:25 pm My Stanfords:

They look very nice. :tu:

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:46 am
Bombadil wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:18 pm I know someone with a Japanese Epi 335. Says it's an impossibly good guitar for the money.
I had that model before. Easily as good as an American Gibson except with a skinny, almost shreddy neck. The Epiphone LQ's have larger necks that I prefer but they sadly never made a 335 in that series.
Bro, how many plates u benching?
Short answer: I'm not. I needed to rebuild my body after chemo, but I'm 6'3" and the bench was too small for me, and our flat is only a 1 bedroom, so it's gone.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

The Eastmans I bought last summer. Great guitars FTM, very good guitars, period.

E2-OM and E1D-Cla:
IMG_0917.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

My Fenders: 2014 Thomann Special Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pups; 2009 MiM CAR Tele with DiMarzio Twang King pups.
IMG_1025.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Henry A. Wallace

You might want to check out the Ultra Noiseless Vintage pickups. I like them better than the Dimarzio, Kinman, and previous Fender noiseless pickups, although I kept a pickguard with the original Vintage Noiseless set just for the Jeff Beck sound.

The DiMarzios aren't stacked, just the Strat's. I'm very 'iffy' on the tone of stacked humbuckers in a Fender. But they weren't cheap, and telling the Missus 'I need new pups for my Strat again' is unlikely to fly. Which is one reason I didn't sell the Tele (which I was planning to do); it has a tradional Fender tone, whereas the Hot Noiseless pups….aren't.
They're both set up to perfection, though.
-Henry A. Wallace

The older noiseless Fender pickups have an interesting sound. Something in between single coil and humbucker. To me, the neck and middle are too dark so I changed the tone controls into a tone for only the bridge pickup (that way I can brighten the amp to balance the sound) and a blender for the bridge and neck (allowing me to brighten the neck by adding a hint of bridge and fatten the bridge by adding a hint of neck). Those made a big difference using all the stock parts.

revvy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:28 am
sjm wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:37 am a cheapskate wannabe lawyer who buys guitars just to show them off!
PRS?
The cheap Chinese knock-off equivalent, presumably called BRS or PR5 or something along those lines. DT probably knows ;)

One of the jewels in my collection: 2014 Martin D-28. Glad I bought it when I had the money, because it's doubled in price since 2014.
9DACAD21-AC21-434E-AB00-264DDC44EBE5.jpeg
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:02 pm The Eastmans I bought last summer.
Wow. These look lovely. Really tempted by an Eastman as I've heard many good things. How do you find the tone on these two? Brighter, warmer, somethingelser? :hihi:

choochcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:32 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:02 pm The Eastmans I bought last summer.
Wow. How do you find the tone on these two? Brighter, warmer, somethingelser? :hihi:
Yes.

They're responsive, their tone is it's own thing, but closer to Martin than Taylor. In my opinion. Others would give the exact opposite view.
I have experience with 8 models now, I think. These 2 are their bottom of the line solid guitars, and they can't be beat in their price range, imo. I've had QC issues with 5, I think. Users on the Eastman forum are often looking for 'the One' guitar after guitar. Their re-sale value is generally 50- 60% new cost. The good ones keep because they're great players, not investments down the road.
I'd also want to know a qualified tech to set it up.
Cheers.
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 pm They're responsive, their tone is it's own thing, but closer to Martin than Taylor. In my opinion. Others would give the exact opposite view.
I have experience with 8 models now, I think. ...
Cheers.
Thank you. I'm sorely tempted. It's fighting against my natural instinct to buy another whole new instrument to learn to play badly. :ud:

or i could learn to press 'submit' once

choochcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:58 pm or i could learn to press 'submit' once
submit once, and you'll always be submittin'! :hihi:
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Guitars”