VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

information can be found here about the new functions,:

https://accsone.com/crusherx/whatsnewincrusherx10

first vid:

https://youtu.be/rJqWe-94DVs

What are the limitations of the demo?
Last edited by Boy Wonder on Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:35 pm Man, what a complex-looking beast! What are the limitations of the demo?
no saving, no state saving in daw, and less generators... but enough to play around with, it is quite a beast but it delivers, i myself have version 9.5 and will go to 10... 9 was already many steps forward, new stuff.

works also with MPE... it is quite limitless...

i love this thing (have the demo) but it is damn expensy, i am still wondering if i am gonna buy it or not
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I bet they would sell at least 10 times more copies if they‘d sell it for half the price, which still would be expensive…

oh! sweet crazy update!:)
looking fwd to try it.
( I still use 9.5 )

there's nothing like it.
Jorg built a monster:)
it is his life in it...

I demo'd Crusher-X 10 just now. Calling it a mindf*ck of a plugin is the understatement of the year. It loads in Cubase as an effect (I suppose it does that in all DAW's), but it requires no signal to produce audio. It does it automatically. You can also play your synth and process your audio through it while it self-plays. Bizarre.

And man, this thing is complex. It's like staring at that fancy medical wall monitor in Star Trek's sick bay. Crusher-X is so complex that, if there were limitations, I didn't notice them. I think one or two presets didn't play, but that doesn't matter. There's, like, 50 or more knobs and levers to tweak, so you can go to work to your heart's content.

Soundwise, I can't see anyone outside of ambient musicians using it. There's a patch with a drum loop, but it doesn't loop right. There's a gap. I'm sure it can be fixed, but the daunting workflow would give the average Joe the heebie jeebies. It certainly did me. Crusher-X is like a modular version of a granular synth. I suppose if you spend enough time with it, you could create a nice evolving random glitchy pad. If you have the patience of a crackhead, it's prolly better to get sounds quicker from Novum, Abyss, and others like that.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:20 am

Soundwise, I can't see anyone outside of ambient musicians using it.
this is a limitation of your imagination.. not the software.

This sounds like it would be an ideal tool for cinematic sound design and gaming audio. I’ve kept my eye on this plug-in’s development over the years and I admire the advancements that have been implemented.

I do think the GUI could use a bit more finesse though, considering the eye fatigue you might experience after hours of exploration with such a creative tool.

So much money for self-torture with a VST as complex as boeing's control panel. Come on, its creator must be insane.

Being insane certainly is an advantage… Instant acousmatic… Love it… One big plus is the crossfader…
Lets count the hours until Simon shows the first results…; - )
I could do with this anything any other granular fx or instrument could do. I should have gotten this instead of that collection in my plugin folder…

Is there only an fx version? I thought you could load audio files and lay as an instrument. Or do you have to route midi to the effect version to use it that way?

It is fx on live input but you can also use a sample instead of that which I usually do.. the real magic is then layering a gco with the live input / sample.. the gco can be an oscillator or a sample, I don't think anything else can layer granular sounds like that - and the oscillators just sound amazing, really spooky and haunting.. can use it for ages and get nothing new then the next minute get mind-blowing sounds, it really is good. You also have the dco which is a sample player with a few cool tricks like random play direction but that is probably the least interesting part but good to have. If Crusher-x eventually gets a true morph where you can literally morph all settings including the samples (edit: I mean morph the settings but smoothly blend the samples / oscillators ) then it is almost getting towards a new type of synthesis.. expensive but the absolute best granular synth you can buy. Also I don't usually like the washy sound clouds associated with granular synthesis as I find it quite obvious but this just sounds really unusual and unique.

dayjob wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:50 pm
Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:20 am

Soundwise, I can't see anyone outside of ambient musicians using it.
this is a limitation of your imagination.. not the software.
I get my ass handed to me about one a week on KVR. I guess I was overdue.

Love it but I can’t see myself spending another 100 € after the 250€ spent for the original purchase 😂

Return to “Instruments”