Streaming FW Dev - Debug Tips?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Linn forum,

I've been playing around with customizing firmware, and tho I'm able to load / build custom code onto the linnstrument, I have 2 questions:

1. Using my current configuration, it takes about 70 seconds to upload a new firmware build - is there any way to speed this up?
2. I see that there are references to using the Due's 'debugprint', but haven't been able to get that giving me output; is it through USB serial? I have a jlink (i'm a fulltime firmware engineer); is there an internal JTAG?

edit: found the debug answer here: :)
search.php?keywords=debug&fid%5B0%5D=26 ... 20didn%27t

Thanks!

rocklobster343 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:56 pm 1. Using my current configuration, it takes about 70 seconds to upload a new firmware build - is there any way to speed this up?
I couldn't find a way. I tried changing the speed in the Arduino IDE serial monitor, but it looks like the USB-serial port in the Linnstrument does not accept commands.

Too bad, in theory it could go at least 100 times faster. Then it would be limited by the speed of writing to the MCU flash memory, but it would still be much better than now.
rocklobster343 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:56 pm 2. I see that there are references to using the Due's 'debugprint', but haven't been able to get that giving me output; is it through USB serial? I have a jlink (i'm a fulltime firmware engineer); is there an internal JTAG?

edit: found the debug answer here: :)
I'm glad you found the answer. :)
--
Nicola 'teknico' Larosa

rocklobster343 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:56 pm 2. I see that there are references to using the Due's 'debugprint', but haven't been able to get that giving me output; is it through USB serial? I have a jlink (i'm a fulltime firmware engineer); is there an internal JTAG?
As a fellow hardware/firmware guy I'm also really curious to know the answer, but not quite curious enough to open mine up yet. I've got a jtagulator so I'll probably start experimenting eventually

Return to “Roger Linn Design”