Are certain colors really better for certain models?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:15 am And then we see road worn versions of new instruments like they were run over by a truck or something. That is a mystery more than anything IMO.
- do buyer pretend they have a vintage rare something?
- you know, I've been around the block many times and very experienced
nothing says punk rock more than a limited edition pre-relic'ed Joe Strummer tele.

I certainly know I would not be interested in a black telecaster but anything B.C. Rich is gonna look good in black. I'm not sure if it has much to do with the body shape itself, but more to do with what we are used to.

pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:20 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:14 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:08 pm I heard that you can also have puke or roadkill type coloring for various dark generes.
well they tried the roadkill on some country bands, but they all tried to eat the guitars :shrug:
Youre right, I guess that's more of a country thing.
or The Cult.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Bombadil wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:06 pm I'd never own another Gibson, but the coloir for those is gloss Wine Red.
I've reflected on this and it's totally true, except for Les Pauls, which must be sunburst.

And cherry sunburst in particular.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

ES-335s must be Heritage Cherry as well.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My Les Paul is a limited edition translucent black.
But my 335 dot is cherry.

Both are Gibson.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I used to love the looks of my pink Paisley pattern Tokai "Breezy Sound" Telecaster with a see-through scratch-plate. Had a stacked D'Marzio humbucker on it. Unfortunatly I had to sell it in the late 90's ... got a stock black Fender Telecaster with white scratch-plate these days. Looks really good ... just not so "flashy".
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strats get away with almost anything - black, white, SB, green, blue, Shell Pink, etc. There aren't many guitars that can get away with pink (if you ask me).

resynthesis wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:51 am . There aren't many guitars that can get away with pink (if you ask me).
donkey tuggers bass vi :hihi:

I'm pretty bland when it comes to guitars. I have an excellent collection, but not many of my axes are ostentatious. Since I almost always bought new, I put the money into the guitars rather than bling. Some finishes I can't stand.
Fenders should have rosewood fretboards and be a nice burst. At least the Strat.
If I were artistically inclined, I'd paint one myself. But I'm not.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”