Spitfire audio and Pianoteq 7 Mock-up. "Lucid REM" for Piano and orchestra

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello tutti !
Here my latest composition.
I tried to make it as realistic as possible.
Orchestra : BBCSO Pro, Appassionnata string, Solo strings, Whitacre choir
Piano : Pianoteq 7 (Steinway NY tweak)
Visual : my score manuscrit mod...
Good listening and do not hesitate to comment and advise !
K.
https://youtu.be/f-wT6_6jiH4

hum... Is it so bad ?

It's quite good in my opinion. Love the push and pull between dissonance and clarity. Very emotionally rich. The mix is good, great dynamic range. Really nice! Particularly liked Lucid Dream and Rapid Eye Movement.

I noticed you're relatively new to the forum. Sometimes it takes a bit for people to warm up those that just joined.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Yes.... It's the impatience of beginners! I will try to integrate more because the forum is full of treasures!
But thank you very much for your encouraging comment!

Little hints of Debussy here and there especially in L'etoile du soir. Very nice drama! Do you have any other work on soundcloud or spotify?

Krisprolls wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm Yes.... It's the impatience of beginners! I will try to integrate more because the forum is full of treasures!
Very nice use of Pinaoteq. I purchased it last year myself. Just used it on a couple of tracks now, but I really like it.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

ccundefined wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 pm Little hints of Debussy here and there especially in L'etoile du soir. Very nice drama! Do you have any other work on soundcloud or spotify?
Not on Soundcloud or spotify
I have also a music for cello and orchestra (and many other few things on my Yt channel)
Here Reached Alert (last month composed). All samples
https://youtu.be/005N_W9bpoI

eassae wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:49 pm
Krisprolls wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm Yes.... It's the impatience of beginners! I will try to integrate more because the forum is full of treasures!
Very nice use of Pinaoteq. I purchased it last year myself. Just used it on a couple of tracks now, but I really like it.
Pianoteq is a treasure, light and veloce, but with a good impact if necessary !

:tu: :tu: :tu:
Now this is what I like to hear!

Which DAW do you use? Any fx plugins (reverb, VSS2, etc?)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Ah thanks !
I am using Reaper.
And DXO Photolabs for my handwritten partition photos in macro, then visual editing with Da Vinci.
Regarding the work on the Daw, I entered each instrument individually from the manuscript, evening by means of my small master keyboard (for orchestral instruments) (and a lot work on mod weels) or with my clavinova for the solo piano.

At the moment, there are nearly 200 different tracks. Some keep the original mix of Spitfire BBCSO pro, but I use if necessary the extras or microphone provided by the Spitfire plugin (when I want to give a better spot to a solo for example, as we would do by mixing a real orchestra)

Once everything is in place, balances, instrument mixes, also with rubato, measurement changes etc., I export a high-resolution mix to have a master in 24-bit Wave. (here from 44.1)

I open another session that will only serve as mastering (and which is lighter ! The original session is a monster!).

BBSso orchestras are recorded with the natural reverb of the room that is already present. I love him enough. Sometimes I add a little reverb (Reverberate) to glue, but not in Lucid REM that I already found quite loaded. So here it's totally "dry".

On the other hand, as the original dynamics were astronomical, I had to compress the big climbs by a few db. (with a Softube CL1B plugin that I really like). Here no parallel compression (but sometimes I like this tool). I activate the low cut at 80 hz, to keep the dynamics on basses. the reaction times are slow, and the ratio is very low, which only acts for large crescendos. I barely compensate for the level to have a little the sound of the emulation of the Tubetech machine.

Then, I export for the final master in 16/44.1, dithering/noise Shaping, with the LUFS standard for YouTube, here a little adapted because I wanted to keep dynamics (maybe a little too much...) here it's -18db LUFSi and -1 thruePeak.
So, yes, it's a listening here quite oriented for good headphones or good speaker systems because I kept a lot (too) dynamic. Maybe I should have gone a little further in compression... But it is always a small sacrifice to deprive yourself of peaks.
That's it...

Krisprolls wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:10 pm Not on Soundcloud or spotify
I have also a music for cello and orchestra (and many other few things on my Yt channel)
Here Reached Alert (last month composed).
Great overall.

The start of Reminisciene is really beautiful. Also the short phrase at 2:51 in Melopee is fantastic!

Very impressive work !

Thank you!

Oh wow this is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Interesting composition and amazing production. The piano in particular sounds very realistic. Very cool visuals too.

Return to “Music Cafe”