What happened to Accusonus?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have fond memories of ReGroover Pro that I haven't installed for quite some time. Went over to their site today to download the latest version and noticed they've closed shop.

Anyone noticed?

I clearly remember their emails about ERA software, wasn't expecting that.

k

Meta bought them, don't know much else.

They freed their plugin catalog, but stopped new releases, after the takeover.

Yes. Happened in February 2022. I saw the below posted on Production Expert. Then in March they sent out emails to license owners with their product keys and stared to shut down their site.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... -accusonus

Thursday 02.10.22
Meta, Facebook Parent Company Acquires Accusonus
Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has acquired Greek audio plugin developer Accusonus. According to sources, the deal is valued at anywhere between €70 and €100 million.

Alex Tsilfidis (CEO) and Elias Kokkinis (CTO) started the company in Greece in 2013. They were both passionate about sound, acoustics and music technology. Elias was a drummer in local heavy metal/punk bands and was working as a sound engineer. Alex was an electronic musician mainly composing soundtracks for theatre plays and films.

After obtaining their Computer Engineering diplomas, they pursued PhDs in Audio Signal Processing and worked as audio researchers in the same academic lab. Michael Tzannes (Chairman) joined as an angel investor some months later and the company incorporated in the United States with Alex, Elias and Michael as co-founders. Michael, formerly the CEO of Aware (NASDAQ: AWRE), brought significant expertise as a tech entrepreneur and seasoned business executive.

Accusonus have made several technology based audio products using AI including the ERA-D bundle and Regroover rhythm software.

When companies like Meta start investing in music technology companies it’s worth taking notice.

The cancer METAstasized. :(

telecharge wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:38 am The cancer METAstasized. :(
They're Greek. It METAxed.

plexuss wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:25 am Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has acquired Greek audio plugin developer Accusonus. According to sources, the deal is valued at anywhere between €70 and €100 million.

Wow, that's a lot of money for ten years work.
Would have sold the company as well, have bought a greek island and dancing Sirtaki the whole day (and drinking Ouzo all night). :party:

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:21 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:25 am Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has acquired Greek audio plugin developer Accusonus. According to sources, the deal is valued at anywhere between €70 and €100 million.

Would have sold the company as well, have bought a greek island and dancing Sirtaki the whole day (and drinking Ouzo all night). :party:
Anybody would have. If anyone says otherwise they’re lying.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:34 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:21 pm

Anybody would have. If anyone says otherwise they’re lying.
Not sure I like Ouzo enough :)

They had a subscription system, you couldn't buy the plugins? especially the actually pretty good voice changer... what about your own projects when the plugin can't call home anymore? or do you now have the plugin for a subscription price forever? If only you had signed up for a subscription in January...

Oxford Drum Gate is a good replacement for their drum plugs

oof. went to check to see if there was an update for regroover pro. guess i've had my head in the sand as they aren't a company any longer.

https://accusonus.com
Thanks for your support!
Accusonus is embarking on a new adventure!
We are grateful for your support throughout our journey!
If you have purchased an accusonus product before March 4, check out our FAQs.

I managed to buy regroover pro and was waiting to get a new machine to install it on, also bought a whole bundle of sofware from them... poof its cone. i have receipts and activation codes. i wonder if i managed to install anything on the old machine... anyone have some install files?
i relly was out of the loop with work....

jaytee72 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:25 am I managed to buy regroover pro and was waiting to get a new machine to install it on, also bought a whole bundle of sofware from them... poof its cone. i have receipts and activation codes. i wonder if i managed to install anything on the old machine... anyone have some install files?
i relly was out of the loop with work....
I have an install file. PM me.

There are installers on FAQ page, I think. At least they were a week or so ago.

Return to “Effects”