generative/evolving drum patterns

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tactic by Glitchmachines produces nice, glitchy evolving beats. I usually create a simple beat myself first, and then mess around with the modulation lanes, playing at different speeds and step lengths. But you can randomize everything, if you want to get going quickly.

OP did you look into having a human drummer?

N 4 LIFE wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:08 pm OP did you look into having a human drummer?
Thanks, it's been a decade and I don't even remember who the other person in the duo was in my OP. I went solo and have mostly done music with drums/beat but I have microtonic which is nice and I have recently moved to Bitwig which offers interesting stuff. A real drummer unfortunately is not an option.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Tactic, Playbeat
aliasing plugin owner
:?

rpm wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:11 pm
N 4 LIFE wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:08 pm OP did you look into having a human drummer?
Thanks, it's been a decade and I don't even remember who the other person in the duo was in my OP. I went solo and have mostly done music with drums/beat but I have microtonic which is nice and I have recently moved to Bitwig which offers interesting stuff. A real drummer unfortunately is not an option.
If I decided to play a real drum set in my apartment, the next sound I'd hear would be my eviction notice being hammered to my front door.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:05 pm
jules99 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:10 am Audiomodern Playbeat 3 might be worth a look or two. It creates ever-evolving beats.

https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/playbeat-3/
That would be my pick...
Another vote from me _ I was searching for similar a while back and Playbeat fitted the bill as well as being the easiest to get my head around. you can do lots of random or controlled random, and import your own samples very easily.

Return to “Instruments”