I found a backup of Albino 3 64 bit, so....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank God I backed this up on a disc. I bought this right before LinPlug evaporated but they were good enough to Give me a copy I could authorize with a serial number. (Unlike another high priced synth I paid a lot of money for that eventually died and stayed dead. That one rhymes with Balcony from Mammal Audio). I haven't heard this VST in more than a decade. So, I install it in FL Studio last night. It works, although the install was quite interesting - to say the least. I won't go into that but can I just say this thing sounds AMAZING. Better CPU processors really do it justice. Filters are great as is the sequencer. I'd like to share it, if anyone is brave enough to go through the hoops I had to install it. I guess my question is: Is this okay to do since LinPlug no longer exists? Should I try & message Rob Papen because it's his sounds(Mostly). Does anyone even care about old VSTs like this?

I'm not sure if you can share that, but others can probably find the installer using the Wayback Machine site. They'd still need their own serial number of course.
Last edited by Examigan on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

osiris wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:07 pm I just say this thing sounds AMAZING.
I agree. It's one of the older synths that I still keep around. Great for pads and bread & butter sounds.
osiris wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:07 pm I'd like to share it, if anyone is brave enough to go through the hoops I had to install it. I guess my question is: Is this okay to do since LinPlug no longer exists?
You can share the installer as it's just a demo. However, you can't give away your serial number.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

osiris wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:07 pm they were good enough to Give me a copy I could authorize with a serial number. (Unlike another high priced synth I paid a lot of money for that eventually died and stayed dead.
Actually 'Mammal' gave everyone access to their own individualised copy of Balcony that could be installed without requiring their authorisation servers, and gave 6 months notice, warning people to download it. It still works to this day.
We will continue to provide downloads of your previous purchases and email support until July 7, 2015. We recommend you download all of your purchases and back them up so that you can continue to use them (Instructions: How to Download and Backup Your Products).
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Best "Papen" synth, IMO. Mostly thanks to Peter and the Linplug team I'd say.

Albino sounds so thin and sort of muddy/unclean. I think nostalgia is puting pink glasses on is whats going on.

Wow, my entire (and very long) post was deleted... We can't have people THINKING for themselves, can we...

Albino sounds so thin and sort of muddy/unclean
--It does but that's some of the beauty of it. It sounds like it's missing a lot of mid range frequencies.
Actually 'Mammal' gave everyone access to their own individualised copy of Balcony that could be installed without requiring their authorisation servers, and gave 6 months notice, warning people to download it. It still works to this day.
-- Well, then that's on me. I didn't back it up. Same goes for Camelspace, which I loved & used quite a bit. Gone. Poof.
you can't give away your serial number

--Thank you. This is exactly why I asked this question. I also have stuff that was given out free like the MicroTera & Alchemy Player. MicroTera has no serial number, but I think AP has a license file, so I'm assuming no on the Player. (The sad thing is I have the Trance/Dance expansion & the license file is still on a backup CD & my CD died Monday morning.)

Wait is the 64bit version official? I got Albino3 and never fot a 64bit download, but i came late to the party. Got a legal serial etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The 64 bit was very early for 64 bit I believe. It will not behave properly. Also has 64 at the end of the plug name. The 32 bit version works beautifully, but I got GUI issues when first comes up, but always rights itself if I minimize, then maximize the plug. (This must be an graphic card issue because this happens in FL Studio a lot with my older plugs. It also won't change the name of the plug on top of wrapper if I replace it with another plug.)

Return to “Instruments”