U-he repro vs phase plant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pay extra for what to make PP sound good? Maybe you've not been keeping up but Kilohearts has changed their sales model. All that extra stuff is now free. I'd also dispute that you needed any of it to make PP sound good. It sounds good or it doesn't, you can't make it sound good by adding features if the core of the synth doesn't sound good to start with. Oh, and I never use it as a wavetable synth so I'm not sure why you characterise it as such.
pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pmTime to put up! Let's see you start from init on any VST drum machine, using your P4 as a controller and do something like this Elektron Analog Rytm demo which is an on the fly realtime performance...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmImBEy68s0
Even if I wanted to do something like that and, believe me, there is nothing I want to do less, I could do it easily with my laptop and a mouse. Because stuff like that is only hard to do on something like the RYTM, it's easy with a DAW. In fact, it's not a million miles away from how I often work when building up an arrangement. Best of all, my laptop+mouse+EVO 8+StudioOne+all the plugins I use cost less than an Analog RYTM Mk II. So for less money I can do that and I can do a thousand other things an Analog RYTM cannot.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:27 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pmTime to put up! Let's see you start from init on any VST drum machine, using your P4 as a controller and do something like this Elektron Analog Rytm demo which is an on the fly realtime performance...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmImBEy68s0
Even if I wanted to do something like that and, believe me, there is nothing I want to do less, I could do it easily with my laptop and a mouse.
Talk is cheap... let's hear it. Make a video of similar length where you start from init, no presets or ready made patterns of any kind, and do a real time performance with all sound design done on the fly.

That wasn't a performance, it was watching someone work. It sounded f**king awful, even without his commentary. And he absolutely used presets, he says as much in the video. He just tweaks them to fit what he's doing - which is a big part of what makes it NOT a performance. Honestly, it's a "the dog ate my homework" video.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Dallon426 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:51 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:02 am
JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:36 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:23 am
Dallon426 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:34 pm I gotta admit that I can't tell any synths apart. I can't tell a moog from a prophet etc.

Why would anyone choose repro over diva or diva over phase plant etc.

To me they all sound like....... Synths.

You should change your hobby. Maybe floral arrangement?

Yeah, you ain't from around here, are ya boy?

GIT 'IM, FELLAS!!!

I say we let’m go.
LOL. And this is your music??? Ok bro

https://open.spotify.com/artist/69FkPuXHI8bjklN8yEbs3o
Not really, just a quick thing I did for a children’s book. This is more me, but from a long time ago. (Old songs I never recording that I’m doing quick demo tracks for)

https://youtu.be/1j9GTsoOdfs

https://youtu.be/J1gEolLiERU
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:21 pm You think that cause one of your main objectives is to win arguments.
No I'm simply bored and waiting for my laundry to finish so I responded to your post. I responded to zerocrossing's post to point out that what he wrote is technically incorrect. You can in fact control cutoff and resonance at the same time with a mouse.
Well, sorry for not being as precise as I could be with my language, but pdxindy has the gist of what I was getting at. I’m fully aware of macros and I use them all the time. Hell, I have a dual axis guitar expression pedal so I can independently control two things at a time. What I was talking about is that there is no way to independently control two virtual knobs at the same time with a mouse. Now, what I wish developers would do is provide support for this:

https://3dconnexion.com/us/product/spacemouse-compact/

I use this with Maya and it’s fantastic. It would be awesome for music control, but I ended up with an Expressive E Touché. Mostly I don’t really like knobs as controllers anyway. I like to have my hands on the keys as much as I can, or at least have something that feels a bit more musical than a potentiometer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:30 am Honestly, it's a "the dog ate my homework" video.
Uh huh... In other words, you can't do it so you just talk some more.

And yes, he did everything from init...

What does any of this have to do with Repro and PhasePlant?
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:25 pm What does any of this have to do with Repro and PhasePlant?
Hellifiknow :hihi:

wait, a kvr thread that goes off-topic? it can't be.... :ud:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:28 pmUh huh... In other words, you can't do it so you just talk some more.
You can't possibly be serious? How can you think that's anything even slightly impressive? I'm not going to install screen capture software just to prove to you that you're being silly, everyone else can see it plainly, I'm sure. He is just making sounds and patterns with the sequencer running, there is no magic to it whatsoever. It is sufficiently unimpressive to the guy doing it that he talks over the top of it the whole way through. And you want to call it a "performance". You're having a laugh, aren't you?

Dallon426 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:34 pm I gotta admit that I can't tell any synths apart. I can't tell a moog from a prophet etc.

Why would anyone choose repro over diva or diva over phase plant etc.

To me they all sound like....... Synths.
How about trying a Wavestation against a Moog Mini? :)

Or, if you want to keep it Korg to Korg, try a Wavestation against a Korg Monotron, just for fun!

I quite agree. Only DX7 and Casio sound different than the rest

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:10 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:28 pmUh huh... In other words, you can't do it so you just talk some more.
You can't possibly be serious? How can you think that's anything even slightly impressive? I'm not going to install screen capture software just to prove to you that you're being silly, everyone else can see it plainly, I'm sure. He is just making sounds and patterns with the sequencer running, there is no magic to it whatsoever. It is sufficiently unimpressive to the guy doing it that he talks over the top of it the whole way through. And you want to call it a "performance". You're having a laugh, aren't you?
You always have an excuse any time someone asks you to put your money where your mouth is. I would love to actually you see step up one of these days and backup your opinions/claims with something substantial. Writing essays calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a f*cking idiot and the such, doesn't count nor does claiming you don't have the time because you clearly do have plenty of time, otherwise you wouldn't be spending so much of it constantly reminding a bunch of people, whose opinions you don't care for, how f*cking stupid/pathetic/etc they and there opinions are.
Always Read the Manual!

Actually, I used offer to do things to prove my point if anyone is ever interested, but nobody ever took me up on it. However, these days I don't have a lot of spare time and I'm not going to waste what little of it I have to work on music doing something like this, in which I have less than no interest and which will prove nothing except that I can make really bad music, just like this guy.

The thing is, it's just process and it's boring. It's not going to change anyone's view of anything, it is a complete waste of time and your goading isn't going to have any effect on me.

PieBerger wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 am You always have an excuse any time someone asks you to put your money where your mouth is. I would love to actually you see step up one of these days and backup your opinions/claims with something substantial. Writing essays calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a f*cking idiot and the such,
Actually, Bones has changed some. His percentage of posts just calling people idiots has gone down and he posts more useful/nuanced posts too. IMO, he deserves some credit for that.

Of course he is still wrong in this instance :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”