DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Jürgen, quick question: On LPPmk3, could the Setup button in lower left corner theoretically be setup to have a function in regards to Bitwig? (I notice it only does something when not connected to computer.)

LarsDaniel wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:39 am Hi Jürgen, quick question: On LPPmk3, could the Setup button in lower left corner theoretically be setup to have a function in regards to Bitwig? (I notice it only does something when not connected to computer.)
No, it is fully controlled by the hardware.

The user programmable pages for the Launchpad Mini in the latest version are great !

Hi! is there any way with the flexi controller scripts to assign a CC or note to just select a clip launcher clip?… not launch it just select it.
thanks so much!

Hi Moss

I have bought a brand new Launch Control XL mk2 and I am getting crashes in both Windows and Linux using both v19 and v18.

The Bitwig script seems stable so I am presuming its the moss script.

I get an error then restart script, non of the lights work on the buttons but the features of the drum machine and sequencer are somewhat still working but not fully.

Output with red lines (fills the output):

Illegal index accessing step info array.
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Then I get:

Switch to template: 11
Switch to template: 12
Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.main.XLBaseNoteEditMode.getClip()" because the return value of "de.mossgrabers.framework.featuregroup.ModeManager.get(java.lang.Enum)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.main.XLBaseNoteEditMode.getClip()" because the return value of "de.mossgrabers.framework.featuregroup.ModeManager.get(java.lang.Enum)" is null
at de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.buttons.XLSequencerResolutionMode.getClip(XLSequencerResolutionMode.java:60)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.buttons.XLSequencerResolutionMode.onButton(XLSequencerResolutionMode.java:40)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.trigger.mode.ButtonRowModeCommand.execute(ButtonRowModeCommand.java:70)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.hardware.AbstractHwButton.handleButtonPressed(AbstractHwButton.java:84)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.hardware.HwButtonImpl.lambda$bind$0(HwButtonImpl.java:54)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.CustomAction.lambda$invokedByHardwareAction$0(SourceFile:42)
at QgD.iGO(SourceFile:94)
at QgD.rVK(SourceFile:90)
at cp2.Utm(SourceFile:128)
at BJN.nBP(SourceFile:76)
at jg.XXa(SourceFile:273)
at CLW.iGO(SourceFile:341)
at qRu.iGO(SourceFile:288)
at E1I.run(SourceFile:91)
at qRu.run(SourceFile:181)

Cheers anyway.

Pete

Hey Moss,

Does the akai force work the same way as the push? Like I see you update the Push but does that also update the Akai Force?
Are there any differences between how you control the two?

Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:03 pm Hey Moss,

Does the akai force work the same way as the push? Like I see you update the Push but does that also update the Akai Force?
These are totally different devices. Watch my Youtube videos to get the details. One main thing to note is that the Push is a "brainless" device, which means I can do whatever I want with it. The MPC/Force on the other hand uses a fixed protocol where you "only" fill in the necessary values and the whole user interface is created and handled by the device itself. This is why you see regular updates for Push but not for the MPC/Force (until Akai adds something).

ablethought wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm Hi! is there any way with the flexi controller scripts to assign a CC or note to just select a clip launcher clip?… not launch it just select it.
thanks so much!
Yes, under "Clip" you can choose select the previous / next clip.

peteb2006 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm Hi Moss

I have bought a brand new Launch Control XL mk2 and I am getting crashes in both Windows and Linux using both v19 and v18.

I get an error then restart script, non of the lights work on the buttons but the features of the drum machine and sequencer are somewhat still working but not fully.

Then I get:

Switch to template: 12
Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.main.XLBaseNoteEditMode.getClip()" because the return value of "de.mossgrabers.framework.featuregroup.ModeManager.get(java.lang.Enum)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.main.XLBaseNoteEditMode.getClip()" because the return value of "de.mossgrabers.framework.featuregroup.ModeManager.get(java.lang.Enum)" is null
at de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.buttons.XLSequencerResolutionMode.getClip(XLSequencerResolutionMode.java:60)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.novation.launchcontrol.mode.buttons.XLSequencerResolutionMode.onButton(XLSequencerResolutionMode.java:40)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.trigger.mode.ButtonRowModeCommand.execute(ButtonRowModeCommand.java:70)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.hardware.AbstractHwButton.handleButtonPressed(AbstractHwButton.java:84)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.hardware.HwButtonImpl.lambda$bind$0(HwButtonImpl.java:54)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.CustomAction.lambda$invokedByHardwareAction$0(SourceFile:42)
at QgD.iGO(SourceFile:94)
at QgD.rVK(SourceFile:90)
at cp2.Utm(SourceFile:128)
at BJN.nBP(SourceFile:76)
at jg.XXa(SourceFile:273)
at CLW.iGO(SourceFile:341)
at qRu.iGO(SourceFile:288)
at E1I.run(SourceFile:91)
at qRu.run(SourceFile:181)

Cheers anyway.

Pete
Maybe my controller has a fault, anyone else having similar problems?

Moss would it be possible to make a script for the Nektar Panorama series? The one Nektar did is problematic, but you'd be the guy to get it right with what you've done with the Push

moss wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:23 pm

These are totally different devices. Watch my Youtube videos to get the details. One main thing to note is that the Push is a "brainless" device, which means I can do whatever I want with it. The MPC/Force on the other hand uses a fixed protocol where you "only" fill in the necessary values and the whole user interface is created and handled by the device itself. This is why you see regular updates for Push but not for the MPC/Force (until Akai adds something).
Thanks for clarifying that difference.

Are there other brainless devices other than the Push?

Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:07 pm

Most of them. The exceptions so far are the MPC/Force and the NI Komplete keyboards.

Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:10 pm Moss would it be possible to make a script for the Nektar Panorama series? The one Nektar did is problematic, but you'd be the guy to get it right with what you've done with the Push
I have no plans to support these.

peteb2006 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm Hi Moss

Thanks for the info, will be fixed in the next update!

Alban18 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:07 pm

Well to be honest, I really was interested to get the Akai Force so I can have a Push like controller but also use it as a standalone for the mpc experience.

How do you like it as a Bitwig controller since you have experience with it? I definitely want something I can be hands of as possible for live stuff.

Return to “Controller Scripting”