Acoustica user's default setting

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love my Acoustica Premium and switched to it almost entirely from RX.
However few things slow down my working.
1. I can't find a way for default viewing of spectrogram after transfer a file from PT. (I don't want to press Shift+S for that)
2. I want after I send a new file from Pro Tools to Acoustica, the settings such as Spectrogram View, Time-Frequency Tool, Retouch Strength (e.g. 30%) ALL stay the same as they were when I processed a previous file. As it's now, all these settings defaults to the factory setting.
3. I want that after I send the processed file into the protools, it doesn't disappear from Acoustica.

I am aware of custom shortcuts, but this is not what I am looking for.

Please don't hesitate to enlighten my ignorance....I just passed through the manual and couldn't find the answers to my questions.
Thanks in advance.

No One? Then how the dialog editors handling this process?
Dealing with several chunks of audio every minute should be a blazingly fast workflow.
It's important that the tools we use are fast and intuitive yet customizable.
Again, I am happy to be wrong and missing something.

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We are aware of the two first shortcomings and will address these in the upcoming version 7.5. The third one isn't quite clear to me. Would you like it to be converted to a normal clip without the "Send back to Pro Tools" functionality? Or do you keep the AudioSuite open in Pro Tools so that you can send back the same clip multiple times? If you close the AudioSuite window, Acoustica will of course not be able to send the clip back to Pro Tools.

We also hope that AVID will release the public documentation for ARA2 through AAX. That would hopefully make it possible to integrate Acoustica much more seamlessly into Pro Tools, just like with Nuendo, Studio One, Cubase, REAPER, etc.

Best,
Stian

Thanks Stian for your reply. Great to know that you'll address the first two issues in v7.5.

Regarding the third one: after I send a processed audio in Acoustica back into the PT, it no more lives in the Acoustica window. Its a very common practice that after auditioning the result in PT (without disselecting a region sent to Acoustica and without closing AS window), I decide after playing the processed file along with a whole mix in PT (backgrounds, effects e.t.c), that the very same audio region may be over processed or needs to have more treatment in Acoustica.
So I would like to press undo in PT, switch to Acoustica again (without resending the same region to it) and simply fix it in Acoustica from the same point where it was left before sending it to PT.
The dialogue editors do it all the time. It's possible in RX. So its not just a spoiled me:-)

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for elaborating, Michael. We're still hoping that AVID will release their ARA2 through AAX implementation soon (right now it's in reality a closed solution for Melodyne). We're a bit reluctant towards investing too much into the Transfer plug-in if there's soon a better option available. I'll send another email to AVID and check. Having Acoustica integrated the way Melodyne is would dramatically improve the workflow, I would think.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”