The SynthFactory release Azimuth - A Free VA/WT Hybrid Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:29 pm First off thanks for the free synth. :tu:

A couple of questions.....

The .sfc files in the installer folder add up to 68.8 megs but I can only find 15 megs of data in App Data/Roaming/The Synth Factory/Azimuth/Audio files. Are there audio files located somewhere else?

The total size of the data that I can find including the .vst3 file is 41.3 megs.

There are .wav files in the audio folder but I can't see a way to load them into Azimuth. I see a way to load the 9 WTs but not the 19 .wav files. I could check the manual but I see you've "decided that YouTube videos would be more helpful". With all due respect I beg to differ. It's far less efficient to load a YT video in hopes that at some point your question might be answered. At any rate there is only a HoriZEN video and nothing for Azimuth at this point.

I thought it might be a bit like HoriZEN where the .wav files could be loaded into each corner of the XY pad but again I'm not seeing a way so far. I see there is a Streaming Mode setting so I assume larger audio files are at least planned.

Anyway so far Azimuth is a nice sounding synth but nothing really ground breaking. I do find the Unison Detune and Spread pleasing.

The biggest issue for me is the blinding white background which I find quite unpleasant after just a couple of minutes of viewing. A dark mode would be most welcome here.

EDIT: OK I get it now. The .wav files are impulse responses for the Reverb.
So the sfc files are archives that contain all the install data for both platforms - so mac and Windows - so some of the data isnt ever going to get used on any given platform. In your case this would be the MacOS VST and AU plugins.

Glad you like the way it sounds, I will pass on your comments about the white UI and your preference for a written manual...
VST/AU Developer for Hire

No issues installing on Win10.
A good Randomize button is always a bonus.
Thanks.

Wow thank you :) Downloading now :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bob bobwood wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm No issues installing on Win10.
A good Randomize button is always a bonus.
Thanks.
Yep for those who missed it the Randomise button - is the dark grey box next to the preset name

MillerSam wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:12 pm I tried to install it on my macOS Apple Silicon and the installation doesn't work for me. I
same here:
installer does not work (mac mini intal that is)

error with the .sfc files
"permission denied"

imho the "AAA_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS_AAA.pdf" is confusing
at least: i don't understand it - esp point 7 & 8
simply: the installer does not work (mac os mojave, intel)

muki wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:28 am
MillerSam wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:12 pm I tried to install it on my macOS Apple Silicon and the installation doesn't work for me. I
same here:
installer does not work (mac mini intal that is)

error with the .sfc files
"permission denied"

imho the "AAA_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS_AAA.pdf" is confusing
at least: i don't understand it - esp point 7 & 8
simply: the installer does not work (mac os mojave, intel)
So your first port of call should be

Support@thesynthfactory.com

they should be able to help you out...

The Sound Galaxie Expansion by Abc Soun Design for the TheSynthFactory - Azimuth VSTi

Hello TheSynthFactory - Azimuth Synthesizer Users, Music makers and Aliens.

Here are 51 Presets as a Thank-You Present for the excellent
TheSynthFactory - Azimuth Virtual Synthesizer.

• Inside the Download: 1 Sound Galaxie Expansion with 51 Presets
• 51 Presest: 6x Keys, 12x Leads, 11x Pads, 6x Plucked, 17x Seq
• Genre: Typical Azimuth Sound - Modern Synth Music
• For: TheSynthFactory - Azimuth v1.0.0 or later
• BPM/Tempo: Select " 120 " in your DAW
• Format: Single Presets / Size 705 KB
• Info: Install Help - Read me PDF
• Release: April 2023
• File Size: 1,59 MB
• Price: Free

Royalty Free Soundset License
All ' Sonic Sirius ' Freeware Soundsets they can be used commercially in
things like movies, games, and anything else you might need a cool
sound for. You may not however redistribute them for a profit.

Sonic Sirius - Synthesizer Soundsets
Freeware Soundsets for Software and Hardware Synthesizer
http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/

Free Download
https://mega.nz/file/qvJHnaRZ#1zf3bdlVJ ... uJDOXGel-Y

Will the Horizen synth be a more advanced version that can do everything this can or will it be a completely different take on design? Thanks for making this stuff.

Return to “Instruments”