getting V collection 9?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mothra wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:50 pm Uninstall is definitely on the Mac.

The only part I'd like updated is the ability to choose what it installs. Your options are either to let ASC download and install everything, or you can let it download the installers and then walk your way through them manually selecting your options. I'd love to be able to just make a system setting that says 'Only install the AU and VST3' not the whole lot of them..
Yeah, that’s real annoying on Mac. On Windows, ASC lets you choose.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

mothra wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:50 pm Uninstall is definitely on the Mac.

The only part I'd like updated is the ability to choose what it installs. Your options are either to let ASC download and install everything, or you can let it download the installers and then walk your way through them manually selecting your options. I'd love to be able to just make a system setting that says 'Only install the AU and VST3' not the whole lot of them..
Are you only talking about plugin types? Can I install 3-4 of the synths without it downloading everything? By everything, I mean all the other plugins?

Yes, you can install plugins individually, or “Install All.” They are downloaded as needed when they are selected for installation.

I install everything but Analog Lab.

What we’re talking about is that on Windows, ASC lets you choose VST3, VST2, and AAX. On Mac, it installs all formats (which also includes AU) and you have to go and manually delete the formats you don’t want.

This is fairly typical on Mac, for some reason.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ASC lets you select individual products to download and install. Click on "View Product Details" for the Collection, then select an individual product in the list. The install/uninstall option for that specific product is revealed at the bottom right.

In the ASC advanced preferences you can also choose silent install, and whether to delete the installer after it completes.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:37 pm Are you only talking about plugin types? Can I install 3-4 of the synths without it downloading everything? By everything, I mean all the other plugins?
Yeah, as others already said, you can pick and choose which plugins to install, just not the format on the Mac.. I hit the 'Install All' button on the FX Collection, but I've only got a handful of the synths from V9 installed here.

Bummer. This time around - "the current offer with the 3 free sound banks is only for users purchasing an upgrade from a previous V Collection: from V Collection 6/7/8 to V Collection 9." Those of us who upgraded a few months ago? Can buy these for $30 / piece. So.. the lesson here.. is wait as long as possible before upgrading? Sorry for the whine. :) Just kicking myself for upgrading earlier, and struggling with the logic of shatting on loyal customers. :)

Return to “Instruments”