Logic Alchemy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have played with this synth enough in the past after it was first introduced to Logic Pro, but never used it much as it has some things that hat bugged me (inverted mouse wheel control, extremely low res graphics) and seeing as I had Vital, Sylenth and Omnisphere, my bases were firmly covered.

But since a week or so I started to go through all the presets category by category, tagging my favorites with 5 stars for use later on and I am pleasantly surprised at how many of them I am tagging.

I tend to go for sounds that I can not easily get with my other synths and make good use of the morphing pads.

I think I’ll do away with two of my other synths for a while to see what I will make using mostly Alchemy.

Any lovers here for this synth. What do you personally like the most about it? I think for me that’s the easy at which Logic’s entire sample library is up for grabs to be manipulated through Alchemy and, though al lot of work to set up for yourself, the presets that make use of the morph pads properly are very lively.

It's one of the most comprehensive and accessible synths on the market.
Especially the snapshot morph function is outstanding.

Alchemy always had one of the most outstanding sound design teams for any plugin so it's no surprise it has so many outstanding presets.

can't say i use it much (98% of my plugins in logic are 3rd-party), but when i do use it... it's pretty amazing...

Nm
Last edited by revvy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:26 pm Loved Camel Alchemy.

Since it went Logic only I haven’t looked at it so much as I also work in Live and also kinda preferred to use 3rd party synths.

Maybe I should revisit it.

In b4 the whaaaambulance arrives…
alchemy is 'baked into' logic, you can only use it there. i always thought that apple should offer it as a plugin in all formats, for other DAWs & platforms. but this is, of course, apple, so... no :roll:

Nm
Last edited by revvy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:30 pm
fisherKing wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:58 pm

alchemy is 'baked into' logic, you can only use it there.
Oh wow, thanks man, I never knew.

Seriously, read my post again and tell me why you thought you needed to tell me that…?

(MainStage too actually, not just Logic)
i meant no harm. you said you run Live, and yet, re: Alchemy:

"Maybe I should revisit it."

so was just pointing out what i pointed out. information, not a personal attack.

Nm
Last edited by revvy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:45 pm
fisherKing wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:36 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:30 pm
fisherKing wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:58 pm

alchemy is 'baked into' logic, you can only use it there.
Oh wow, thanks man, I never knew.

Seriously, read my post again and tell me why you thought you needed to tell me that…?

(MainStage too actually, not just Logic)
i meant no harm. you said you run Live, and yet, re: Alchemy:

"Maybe I should revisit it."

so was just pointing out what i pointed out. information, not a personal attack.
I know you didn't mean harm or an attack, that's why there was no swearing in my reply...

But I even said 'Logic only' so I was simply baffled by your response. My post really wasn't harsh by my (slightly unhinged at times) standards :oops:

I don't use Logic Alchemy too much so as not to get out of sync when I use Live, I use 3rd party synths that work in both DAWs. But I used to love the Camel version so much I really should have a play.
sorry you were 'baffled', and felt this needed discussion (even now). let's let this thread get back on track (since no thread has ever been derailed before on kvr). and if you need the last word... go for it. i will move on... :tu:

Yeah, having it only in Mainstage does not lead me too often to it. But I do have a nice method to stream it from Mainstage into Bitwig. Should also work with Live.
One way is BlueCats Connector, or I simply use a direct connection of those unused spdif digital in/out connectors on my interface…

I love it. I remember when Logic got it as a free update. I did la happy dance, because just as I was going to buy it frm Camel Audio, it was no longer available. So, x time later, it's free within my DAW of choice. There are lots of great voicings in there.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Alchemy has an exceptional toolset... it's worth the cost of Logic by itself!

I just wish Apple would get on with updating the graphics to high res and give us the option to turn off the horrid inverted mouse wheel control.

LFO8 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:29 pm I just wish Apple would get on with updating the graphics to high res and give us the option to turn off the horrid inverted mouse wheel control.
AFAIK you can change the mouse behaviour in the General Settings of a Mac.

Return to “Instruments”