Logic Alchemy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:23 pm
LFO8 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:29 pm I just wish Apple would get on with updating the graphics to high res and give us the option to turn off the horrid inverted mouse wheel control.
AFAIK you can change the mouse behaviour in the General Settings of a Mac.
I have and the only exception to that setting seems to be Alchemy sadly.

I've tried puttering around with Alchemy time to time since it came to Logic and damn if a synth could make me feel like an idiot it's this one. Zillions of controls to the point where I had trouble even groking the signal flow, and a gigantic decision space to where I don't know where to start making a sound do what I'm wanting it to.

Do folks think maybe PIgments has largely encroached upon Alchemy's soundspace, maybe not precisely but mostly overlapping? I found Pigments to be a lot more intuitive.

dumbledog wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:57 pm I've tried puttering around with Alchemy time to time since it came to Logic and damn if a synth could make me feel like an idiot it's this one. Zillions of controls to the point where I had trouble even groking the signal flow, and a gigantic decision space to where I don't know where to start making a sound do what I'm wanting it to.

Do folks think maybe PIgments has largely encroached upon Alchemy's soundspace, maybe not precisely but mostly overlapping? I found Pigments to be a lot more intuitive.
Pigments has an easier workflow. Even so, I would for sure take Alchemy as a synth over Pigments. Alchemy is massively capable. I also like how it sounds better overall. Plus of course if you are using Logic, it is no added cost.

When I first opened it up a couple years ago, it hated how thin it sounded. Then I remembered that Apple was trying to cater to EDM producers and that if you use Alchemy over a four on the floor kick drum it sits well in the mix.

I didn't open it again for a long time until I had to do a holiday album last year and I found an amazing preset with an arpeggiator that was programmed to do 5/4 patterns in 16ths across the barlines in 4/4. Got a lot of comments on that one. Haven't opened again since last Oct. Maybe it doesn't sound so thin anymore....

It never sounded thin

I've always felt Alchemy had a lot of potential to fit into my workflow... but sadly it never "clicked" with me. As well as that, I've shifted to REAPER in the past year so I don't get to use it much anyway. Still got some amazing functions and presets though.
i can't really make music

Compared to Sylenth, Alchemy still sounds thin...

Yeah but Sylenth is just boring compared to Alchemy

these comparisons are generally ridiculous; sylenth1 and alchemy are nothing alike, and both do what they do well.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:51 pm It never sounded thin
Unless you want it to... thin sounds are important.

LFO8 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:29 pm I just wish Apple would get on with updating the graphics to high res.
Its scalable though…

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:00 am
LFO8 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:29 pm I just wish Apple would get on with updating the graphics to high res.
Its scalable though…
Yeah but blurry

Not at all on my Macbook Pro M2!

I’m on an Apple Studio Display and in places it is definitely blurry when over 100% scaling- not hideously but it could be a lot better

fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 am these comparisons are generally ridiculous; sylenth1 and alchemy are nothing alike, and both do what they do well.
Agree!

Return to “Instruments”