Something similar to Wolfgang Palm's Plex synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm I would love to see all the PPG synths come back. It was announced that they would when they were bought, but it has been a long time now.
Plugin Alliance wants to do them. Seems a bigger task than imagined… I have them on iPad, but I would prefer to incorporate them directly in Bitwig…

Post

Yeah me too

Post

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:07 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm I would love to see all the PPG synths come back. It was announced that they would when they were bought, but it has been a long time now.
Plugin Alliance wants to do them. Seems a bigger task than imagined… I have them on iPad, but I would prefer to incorporate them directly in Bitwig…
I've kept my old Mac Mini only because it has them installed. They are unique plugins and deserve to survive and flourish!

Post

I’ve just setup my old iMac with Mohave so I can run old stuff like Kore 2, MetaSynth, my Virus Ti and Nord G2 Modular but is it possible to authorise them now? I seem to remember it being CR

Post

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 am I’ve just setup my old iMac with Mohave so I can run old stuff like Kore 2, MetaSynth, my Virus Ti and Nord G2 Modular but is it possible to authorise them now? I seem to remember it being CR
I don't know, but I guess not. I have not touched that Mac Mini since he sold the company. I'm not risking losing them!

Post

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm I would love to see all the PPG synths come back. It was announced that they would when they were bought, but it has been a long time now.
It's been about 2-3 years since the acquisition. Perhaps development on something new is wrapping up soon? Hopefully.

Post

By the way, if you haven't checked out Hermann Seib's emulation of the PPG, you should. UI is clunky and old but the synth itself sounds amazing.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/syn ... avesim.htm

Post

I have Plex 2 and have been meaning to put it up in the old VSTs thread. Buggy as hell, but I love it. One of the pad sounds is amazing. Keep an eye out for it in a day or 2.

Post

pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:25 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 am I’ve just setup my old iMac with Mohave so I can run old stuff like Kore 2, MetaSynth, my Virus Ti and Nord G2 Modular but is it possible to authorise them now? I seem to remember it being CR
I don't know, but I guess not. I have not touched that Mac Mini since he sold the company. I'm not risking losing them!
Seems I was wrong, it's not CR at al, just the serial is enough. And they actually install and run (under Rosetta) on Ventura

Post

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:11 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:25 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 am I’ve just setup my old iMac with Mohave so I can run old stuff like Kore 2, MetaSynth, my Virus Ti and Nord G2 Modular but is it possible to authorise them now? I seem to remember it being CR
I don't know, but I guess not. I have not touched that Mac Mini since he sold the company. I'm not risking losing them!
Seems I was wrong, it's not CR at al, just the serial is enough. And they actually install and run (under Rosetta) on Ventura
Good to know! I still have the last installers

Post

Erik_Lucas wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:34 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm I would love to see all the PPG synths come back. It was announced that they would when they were bought, but it has been a long time now.
It's been about 2-3 years since the acquisition. Perhaps development on something new is wrapping up soon? Hopefully.
It doesn't help that Brainworx's studio was flooded in 2021.

Post

I've uploaded Plex 2. Had a runaround with it last night in FL and it sounds amazing.

Post

Absynth is close
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”