Is there a good emulation of AKAI Timbre Wolf?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if there is a good emulation of AKAI Timbre Wolf?
The sound is too unique to be forgotten and never used.

https://youtu.be/4vLCalVEtm0

LOL! As a shreds lover this makes me really happy to see! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fusion

If there was an emulation, I'm not sure it could be called "good". :neutral:

What a weird synthesizer the Timbre Wolf is. After been working with one for some time - I actually like the tone of it. A bit tame and the ranges are so badly thought out (as with all the 'wolves'), but the tone is not bad at all. As long as you can keep it in tune though. But slap a good space reverb on it and you have instant ambient.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

When one makes an effort...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR7RyWsUebs

I doubt it would be necessary.

Here is another compilation video:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gO8X9sIJIIE

lol

It still holds the record for the worst synth ever produced. But as with all these things of matter of taste, it demands an emulation... You could tune it better at least...

My review:

The Timbre Wolf is a cutting-edge Instrument, it effectively revisits an acclaimed analog synthesizer family much loved by generations of musicians for its sought-after and never-found sound. The sound itself is reliant on fully-belly-analog, indiscrete circuits and a classic hyper-variable 20-pole filter. Some of the key and pedal features which have never been done before (and will be never done again in the future) on this synth is a powerful quattro-son mode, M/S Technology and the signature Brainpoo Audio Tolerance Noodeling Technology (TNT, US Patent No. 007).

I was quite interested in the Timbre Wolf when it came out - looked rather good on paper for me, especially for the price.

But then at some point there was this dude who purchased both my Z1 and my K5000s and who payed me a little more so I would deliver them to him - amongst the synth he already had was both a Roland System1 and a Timbre Wolf. I had zero interest in the former and quite some in the latter. He said that he wanted to sell it but absolutely did not recommend it to me, because he claimed that it was utter crap. I really wasn't so sure about that and of course had to try it right away - but I could not believe it what I found.
I don't think a more pointless instrument was ever made. There's just nothing to it - and all the examples above, including the Soft Blade one (which is nice enough), show it. If it was really bad, terrible, dreadful "ugly" sounding it might be interesting, but this synth is not at all interesting - it's just lame, bland and limited.

So I highly doubt that any developer would ever want to waste his time on that sad bit of irrelevance.

Then the good lad showed me the Roland and urged me to try it - boy was I impressed with that fugly hulkish thing!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:21 am My review:

The Timbre Wolf is a cutting-edge Instrument, it effectively revisits an acclaimed analog synthesizer family much loved by generations of musicians for its sought-after and never-found sound. The sound itself is reliant on fully-belly-analog, indiscrete circuits and a classic hyper-variable 20-pole filter. Some of the key and pedal features which have never been done before (and will be never done again in the future) on this synth is a powerful quattro-son mode, M/S Technology and the signature Brainpoo Audio Tolerance Noodeling Technology (TNT, US Patent No. 007).
What ever money AKAI is making with their main line of products they could have just focused on making/creating 'a' synth for the same under $1000 mini synth range without reinventing the wheel so they could have something in their line of products that they must have wanted to fill a gap.

As a company it might have been better to follow in the footsteps of Alesis and create something like the ION based on AKAI's type of content.

Something tells me the Timbre Wolf is going to be rediscovered by some future hipster in 15 years or so and she’ll create some banging new sound that will spawn a new genre/sub genres, and the TW will become a cult classic that commands six figures in the secondhand market while software developers scramble to perfectly nail “that sound” with their emulations.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

It sounds like some of the early Synthedit stuff TBH

It is a Analog synth so it must be good no matter what other people say and it beats all Vst's in terms of sound and features :party:

Return to “Instruments”