float and sting:- new W^sp VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya,
I have been maniacally(as usual) devving this Wasp XT clone.
U can try it now, the dev archive is linked.
There will be bugs I guess,
kinda excited to release this now, with possible misbehaviors.
It was this proprietary plug from Synapse and ImageLine,
WaspXT==>
WaspXT.png
-then Grymmjack, Rick Christy made a sublime skin edit.
This one--
WaspXT Venom.png
I got the old graphics, after vaguely remembering that this was tasty,
and with Rick's permission set about rebuilding my W^sp,
it looks like this now:
W^sp screen.png
I haven't written any presets, so if u like it u can write a bank for us.
Here's the current project, including x86 &x64 VST2.dll and x86 & x64 VST3
Let me know if anything is broken,
hope u like it
I think it has a real Wasp buzz, I tried to make it sound hard, while keeping usability in check
Cheers, Phonics
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XeWCQQ ... share_link

<edit: this is beta atm, still ironing out the kinks. This W^sp has similar ui layout, but is not component modelled after WaspXT, it sounds different>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nix808 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I think it needs slide on the mono osc 3,
and switches for the velocity levels.
maybe volume sliders on osc 1&2 also

-any requests for little things?
BONES wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:37 pm
U might want this Bones, it's open source
-if you'd like to bend it

Very f**king cool! Does Rich know you've done it? It might be polite to at least tell him. I'm sure he'll be flattered.
Last edited by BONES on Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

hah!
ta mate

yah, I put a message at IL and Synapse forums
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =2&t=13311
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=294082

-all the sections need OI switches
and the distortion is usually sounding bad(will try make it better)

I don't see any evidence that Richard gave you permission to release a VSTi and VST 3 clone of his Wasp synth.
nix wrote:I have released a beta now of this,hope that's ok Rich
You didn't wait for him to respond and in fact he hasn't responded to that thread since you started it in Dec 2022. Take the files down until you get permission, if you get permission.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

afaik, there is no copyright breach

Rich is not contactable to me,
I think he doesn't want me to interact with him a little

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:52 am Take the files down until you get permission, if you get permission.
you seem to be a very unpleasant human being.

nix808 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:04 am afaik, there is no copyright breach

Rich is not contactable to me,
I think he doesn't want me to interact with him a little
The key words "as far as you know". Where did you get your law degree?

Richard has not given you his blessing so the proper thing to do would be wait until (if) he does.

Here is what you posted on 15 December 2022:
nix wrote:Heya Synapse, Could I legitimately produce a VSTi version of Wasp using this interface
The fact that Richard never responded to your post in all that time probably tells you all you need to know.

Do the right thing.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pawder wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:03 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:52 am Take the files down until you get permission, if you get permission.
you seem to be a very unpleasant human being.
Why, because I'm defending the intellectual property of someone I consider a friend?

Because I'm telling the OP to do the right thing and wait until (if) he gets permission to duplicate the architecture of a proprietary synth because it is quite possibly a violation of copyright law?

If you think that makes me "unpleasant" then you are simply an example of everything that is wrong with KVR these days.

I like this quite a bit, but the oscillator volumes seem to be tied to the LFO AMT's.

oh so nice u like it !

-it's beta is in re-hash mode,
the osc vols are now knobs==>
W^sp changes.png
there are all sorts of gain-staging issues in the last up,
making osc 3 mono was a bit difficult, and makes the voice system sum
this has been fixed now

prolly I'll change the release in 20 hours or so, maybe less
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:52 am I don't see any evidence that Richard gave you permission to release a VSTi and VST 3 clone of his Wasp synth.
In much the same way that Rich didn't get permission from Moog or Oberheim to clone their synths. At most he might look for permission to use the "Wasp" name but, unless he's stolen Rich's code, I can't see there being any problem here.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Rich sold/gave the VSTi rights to Imageline anyway, so if he needs to be worried about anyone, it's them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:22 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:52 am I don't see any evidence that Richard gave you permission to release a VSTi and VST 3 clone of his Wasp synth.
In much the same way that Rich didn't get permission from Moog or Oberheim to clone their synths. At most he might look for permission to use the "Wasp" name but, unless he's stolen Rich's code, I can't see there being any problem here.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Rich sold/gave the VSTi rights to Imageline anyway, so if he needs to be worried about anyone, it's them.
IF this vsti is released with original code from Richard without his permission , then it's violating copyright law .
No matter how you look at it.
I'm with teksonik on this one .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:44 am IF this vsti is released with original code from Richard without his permission
Nix808's recreation is clearly made in Flowstone so it's pretty obvious that it doesn't.

I didn't de-compile,alter or include any of the WaspXT coding
Rich has declared the copyright to Image-Line who said I cannot use the name,graphics or binary

The name will be WΛsp -if that's no problems

Return to “Instruments”