Anyone got Superwave VST successfully running on Ableton?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

I've seen a lot of problems with the Superwave VST's within the DAW's. especially problems with no sound. I have the same problem. wanted to try the trial version first before buying.
but when running the VST, everything seems fine, but got no sound.
even the suggestion on their Superwave support site to run the DAW as administrator due to a windows security issue makes no sense. And if I want to buy and register the vst...the register-button in the upper right corner doesn't work either. do I miss something? :?:

Running Windows 10 and the latest 64-bit trial version of Equinoxe from the website.
DAW is Ableton Live 11.
Connected midi controller is the M-Audio Oxygen 49, but this one works perfectly with all other VST's.

I also contacted Superwave their support site for an answer.
but of anyone have the solution for this, let me know. 8)

I don't know if this helps but have you installed all patches etc. in the same folder as the dll ?
All of my SuperWave plugs are working fine in Live 11.2
Are you using Equinoxe or Equinoxe HD? Both work fine here.

Nigel Maus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:36 pm I don't know if this helps but have you installed all patches etc. in the same folder as the dll ?
All of my SuperWave plugs are working fine in Live 11.2
Are you using Equinoxe or Equinoxe HD? Both work fine here.
Yes, tried all of that. first the the standard folder where Superwave is installed. c:\vstplugins\superwave. but also c:\program files\Steinberg\vstplugins. and changed the folder in the settings of Live. it launches the vst fine.
used several vst's... Equinoxe, Equinoxe HD, and also Sirius, Tarkus. non of them work for me.

Hmmm strange, i found out that only their free VST the P8 works with sound. All the other's don't. Then i suppose it has something to do with some registration issues. But even the registration form won't pop up if i want to buy.

Haven't tried one of their demos for quite awhile. Anyway. Figured it out.

- You have to click on Register up in the top corner to bring up the little Product Registration window.
- Then click on Try Demo
- Voila. You should now hear sound.

Works great here.

inception8a wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:42 pm Haven't tried one of their demos for quite awhile. Anyway. Figured it out.

- You have to click on Register up in the top corner to bring up the little Product Registration window.
- Then click on Try Demo
- Voila. You should now hear sound.
Yes, i know. But thats also the problem. I don't get the register screen when i click on it.
I'll think i contact Superwave support again for some more info.

GuitarFreak74 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:27 am Hi all.

I've seen a lot of problems with the Superwave VST's within the DAW's. especially problems with no sound. I have the same problem. wanted to try the trial version first before buying.
even the suggestion on their Superwave support site to run the DAW as administrator due to a windows security issue makes no sense. And if I want to buy and register the vst...the register-button in the upper right corner doesn't work either. do I miss something? :?:

Running Windows 10 and the latest 64-bit trial version of Equinoxe from the website.
DAW is Ableton Live 11.
Connected midi controller is the M-Audio Oxygen 49, but this one works perfectly with all other VST's.

Maybe you had installed them before in the past. I think their demo versions run out after a few weeks and your Windows registry remembers that no matter how long ago.

Sawtooth Fairy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:45 pm

DAW is Ableton Live 11.

Maybe you had installed them before in the past. I think their demo versions run out after a few weeks and your Windows registry remembers that no matter how long ago.
Yes, not sure. Might be. but then of course I still have to be able to register right?
and i tried different superwave trials, and installed them yesterday. They don't work either
no sound, and no dialogue box appears when i try to register.

But yes i thought about that and removed every single entry in Windows registry that refers to superwave, but didn't help. Last thing i think i can do is a full Windows re-install.
I've contacted them again, and waiting for a respons.

Gee, reinstalling Windows because of that?! I would never do that. You would probably get the same problem again, anyway.

Maybe it has to do with the 64-bit version. Do they still use an included bridge for the 32-bit version?

Here they mention the admin trick as well:
https://www.superwavesynths.com/support

But I still think it has to do with demo mode since the only free one does produce sound.

Another idea: did you download the synths individually or the bundle? You cannot use a single-synth code for registering the same synth as part of the bundle.

GuitarFreak74 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:32 pm
Sawtooth Fairy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:45 pm

DAW is Ableton Live 11.

Yes, not sure. Might be. but then of course I still have to be able to register right?
and i tried different superwave trials, and installed them yesterday. They don't work either
no sound, and no dialogue box appears when i try to register.

But yes i thought about that and removed every single entry in Windows registry that refers to superwave, but didn't help. Last thing i think i can do is a full Windows re-install.
I've contacted them again, and waiting for a respons.
Yeah I'm sorry but re-installing Windows for a couple of vsts that cost about £19.99. That's a little bit over the top to do something like that. No. You shouldn't need to.

If the Register window doesn't pop up when you click on it that's something else. It's possible the method to display that window is something that's missing in Windows that probably needs to be installed. That window should display or needs to pop up in order for you to Register the product or click to try the demo which will allow you to hear sound.

Sometimes depending on the application it's a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable that's missing but couldn't tell you if that's the case here.

Sawtooth Fairy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:48 pm Gee, reinstalling Windows because of that?! I would never do that. You would probably get the same problem again, anyway.

Maybe it has to do with the 64-bit version. Do they still use an included bridge for the 32-bit version?

Here they mention the admin trick as well:
https://www.superwavesynths.com/support

But I still think it has to do with demo mode since the only free one does produce sound.

Another idea: did you download the synths individually or the bundle? You cannot use a single-synth code for registering the same synth as part of the bundle.
Yeah, a bit over the top..I know haha
Just tried Superwave Ultimate trial. and say what??...That one works....sound and I'm able to register too. Only not the one I wanted actually. But I was never able to register the Equinox trial...

Return to “Instruments”