Is Equator 2 worth it? And is it safe to buy it from splice.com?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:16 pm Has @kodra (the OP) mentioned an MPE MIDI controller?

So many variations on advice here. At least everyone seems to agree on Bitwig.
second reply in the thread.
recent purchase of a linnstrument.

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:21 pm
billcarroll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:16 pm Has @kodra (the OP) mentioned an MPE MIDI controller?

Great, I suppose you want me to start reading now. So pushy.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:22 pm

don't be daft. i only read it because i was here when it was posted. i never read back through threads (unless they got fiery at some point)

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:24 pm
billcarroll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:22 pm

don't be daft. i only read it because i was here when it was posted. i never read back through threads (unless they got fiery at some point)
Humor was too dry? You must live in a humid climate. :D
Bitwig Certified Trainer

i might be high :oops:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:29 pm i might be high :oops:
high marks for honesty :lol:
Bitwig Certified Trainer

f**k Bitwig. I hated it. It's not good at all for the way I like to work and, at least when I tried it, the included instruments were rubbish. I gave it a red hot go for several months and I never managed to get any of our songs working to an acceptable level. I think it is the only software license I have ever sold.
Jac459 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:04 amI see finally you read Wikipedia, good for you.
Actually, I lived through it. We assessed the viability of a DEC Alpha workstation in the late 90s. We ultimately went with Intel, though, which history has shown to be the right decision. I also had a choice between a Blackberry and Windows Mobile in the mid-2000s, so I looked into that then. Wikipedia really just confirmed a few dates.
Anyway, if you want a conversation about that, I suggest you create your own thread instead of polluting other threads with off-topic comments.
I don't want a conversation about it but I'm not going to let bullshit stand as fact. That helps no-one.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm
I don't want a conversation about it but I'm not going to let bullshit stand as fact. That helps no-one.
this is the thread about equator 2. perhaps stay on topic?

Sooner or later the diarrhea invades almost every thread on KVR. Pooopehhh, everywhere.

I hope the OP has bought a synth and is making some MPE goodness.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 amthis is the thread about equator 2. perhaps stay on topic?
Pot... kettle... black? I'm just responding to other people's input. It's people like you who drag it OT.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:38 am
fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 amthis is the thread about equator 2. perhaps stay on topic?
Pot... kettle... black? I'm just responding to other people's input. It's people like you who drag it OT.
ha, sure. well, at least you have a sense of humor. and now, let's let this thread get back on track :tu:

Well if anything now I'm more convinced that Bitwig is good :lol:

It is, and it‘s a perfect companion to my LinnStrument. You would get a free 8-track Bitwig anyway from Roger… And Equator is still the synth that is best suited for MPE controllers with a huge amount of expressive presets…

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:17 pm [ but the Bitwig modulators... say Steps or ParSeq-8 can be per voice with Hive and some other CLAP plugins.
Ooooh ... Juicy! I am gonna try that!

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm f**k Bitwig. I hated it. It's not good at all for the way I like to work and, at least when I tried it, the included instruments were rubbish.
kodra wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:14 am Well if anything now I'm more convinced that Bitwig is good :lol:
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 am It is, and it‘s a perfect companion to my LinnStrument. You would get a free 8-track Bitwig anyway from Roger… And Equator is still the synth that is best suited for MPE controllers with a huge amount of expressive presets…
Yippee, let's talk about Bitwig now! (Gonna fetch some popcorn and beer...) :party:

To the OT:
Equator 2 itself is worth it IMHO, since it's one of the best synth MPE-integrating synths, but I think the price of 249$ is way too steep. I bought it as an upgrade from Equator 1, which I got with my Seaboard and payed ~90 EUR. You should consider to wait till Black Friday or so. Advantage is, that it delivers all presets as MPE versions, which is normally not the case for other synths, which do MPE. So I guess it's one of the rare synths, offering MPE-presets of acoustic instruments out-of-the-box.

What I discovered recently, but is in another price league are the SWAM instruments from Audio Modeling. They shall be very good, but I don't own anything of their stuff.

Return to “Instruments”