Reaktor - This file was saved with a newer Version.. ??? how can this be?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, well this one i just cannot solve, i installed 3 different versions from Reaktor 5 and still i get this message...

i got Reaktor 5 v5.9.1 installed and the original project file is from 2011 !!! there was NO v5.9.1 from Reaktor 5, why does this error come up? or am i misunderstanding something?

hope someone has an idea :), it is just 1 instance/preset, but i wanted to recover it somehow.

thx

EDIT:
i think i get it now, it is not Reaktor 5 but the Mikro Prism ensemble it says is too new? anyone knows if i can get an old version of Mikro Prism?
Last edited by Caine123 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Why don’t you just update reaktor to version 6 ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:45 pm Why don’t you just update reaktor to version 6 ?
i did and i got Reaktor 5 and 6 installed. but the project was saved with Reaktor 5. so yeah this answers your question ;)?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ah Reaktor, the bottomless pit for sound design, greatest piece of code for experimental music
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I get random occurrences of this from time to time with reaktor. It's always upon reloading a project in my daw. Is that version prism a reaktor Player thing? Any chance the Library has been updated? I had issues with maybe razor or Monark trying to load a newer version when I had installed R6. The weird way that realtor handles files has always and continues to be a bit of a pain in the testes.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

What happens when you click on OK to acknowledge the message and then use 'Locate ensemble' to locate that specific .rkplr file ?

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:51 am I get random occurrences of this from time to time with reaktor. It's always upon reloading a project in my daw. Is that version prism a reaktor Player thing? Any chance the Library has been updated? I had issues with maybe razor or Monark trying to load a newer version when I had installed R6. The weird way that realtor handles files has always and continues to be a bit of a pain in the testes.
thx!
hmmm i dunno but it is Mikro Prism, i think it was free in the past and later added to Komplete. so i installed my last Komplete Version and updated it through Native Access.
bob bobwood wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:32 am What happens when you click on OK to acknowledge the message and then use 'Locate ensemble' to locate that specific .rkplr file ?
thx!
then this pops up :(

aliasing plugin owner

Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:45 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:51 am I get random occurrences of this from time to time with reaktor. It's always upon reloading a project in my daw. Is that version prism a reaktor Player thing? Any chance the Library has been updated? I had issues with maybe razor or Monark trying to load a newer version when I had installed R6. The weird way that realtor handles files has always and continues to be a bit of a pain in the testes.
thx!
hmmm i dunno but it is Mikro Prism, i think it was free in the past and later added to Komplete. so i installed my last Komplete Version and updated it through Native Access.
bob bobwood wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:32 am What happens when you click on OK to acknowledge the message and then use 'Locate ensemble' to locate that specific .rkplr file ?
thx!
does it open in 6?
it was probably updated at some point so won't work in older versions.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:00 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:45 pm
thx!
thx!
does it open in 6?
it was probably updated at some point so won't work in older versions.
thx for this idea, i just started a new session with
Reaktor 5 - Mikro Prism drag and dropped, same error
Reaktor 6 - Mikro Prism opens

strange. problem is, with Reaktor 6 i cannot of course open the project with it as i dunno what i set in Mikro Prism :/

you'd need the original installer, then open 5 save the preset then open 6 and open the preset.

not sure where you might find that? do you have the original installer saved?

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 pm you'd need the original installer, then open 5 save the preset then open 6 and open the preset.

not sure where you might find that? do you have the original installer saved?
sadly i think not anymore, i need to check my old hard drives, but i got an idea, i check the NI Archive, and maybe need to write them if they got the old installer. the project is from 2011 :ud:

EDIT:
crap no Mikro Prism available in the archive
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... &t=updates

After all these years of working with reaktor I have made a habbit of saving the ensembles but also saving the snapshot files separately.
When then migrating to a new comp, I can just load the ensemble and the separate snapshot file ( if necessary).
Snapshots files are really handy instead of the nklpr fils( or whatever the nameis )
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:55 pm After all these years of working with reaktor I have made a habbit of saving the ensembles but also saving the snapshot files separately.
When then migrating to a new comp, I can just load the ensemble and the separate snapshot file ( if necessary).
Snapshots files are really handy instead of the nklpr fils( or whatever the nameis )
thx a lot, i thought saving a preset would be sufficient :/
which version do you use? save a local copy or save ensemble?

i just saved both ensembles in my presets ensemblefolder and named them after my project

Caine123 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:40 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:55 pm After all these years of working with reaktor I have made a habbit of saving the ensembles but also saving the snapshot files separately.
thx a lot, i thought saving a preset would be sufficient :/
which version do you use? save a local copy or save ensemble?

i just saved both ensembles in my presets ensemblefolder and named them after my project
Yes saving a preset( snapshot) and then saving the ensemble is enough , since the snapshot files are saved with the ensemble .
But I was specifally talking about migrating to a new comp , if you can load your old ensemble (and all included snapshots)then there is no problem ,but what if you need to download a newer version of the ensemble ( which I believe was your initial issue ) ?
In that case , you can load the snapshot file , snapshots are expalined in detail in the manual.
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”