One Synth Challenge #169: kHs ONE (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only the 3rd month and I fail to keep my promise to create a track for every month this year. At least I did a tiny test early on.
KhzONE is a real gem, though, and I'll definitely listen through your tracks! :phones:

Next month then... :oops:

Taron, all of your tracks are 5 worthy.......even if they don't exist! :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

:hug:

Only now realising my submission is about 10 dB too low, lol. Sorry, was my first time uploading anything to Soundcloud... make sure to turn your volume up!
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Is using the mastering option on Soundcloud after submissions have ended frowned upon? :lol:

i'd say to avoid it since it would probably obscure the character of the synth a bit. unless it's just normalization. i know that soundcloud pro allows you to replace the source file, but i also don't pay for that service

Ah OK... I don't have Soundcloud Pro either, so I'm not sure if the option I have will replace the original file or not. There was an option to just boost the volume without any EQ changes, but I guess I'll leave it then, just in case. Serves me right for leaving it til the last moment! Cheers.

nevermind...

I've entered and voted for all, but I only now noticed the rule about commenting on Soundcloud: do I need to do that for any/all tracks?
New tracks (September 7th): https://linktr.ee/neukatalyst
"collab_01_(derp)" w/ok cheez (Jungle/Breakcore) & "Among The Stars" (Happy Hardcore)
Discord: neukatalyst (preferred method of contact)

Taron wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:49 pm Only the 3rd month and I fail to keep my promise to create a track for every month this year. At least I did a tiny test early on.
KhzONE is a real gem, though, and I'll definitely listen through your tracks! :phones:

Next month then... :oops:
It happens Taron but there is also a bright side to this, one spot freed from the top-5 for someone else. :D

See you next month!
Taron wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:49 pm KhzONE is a real gem.
Couldn't agree more. It's a lovely synth. Pretty much is now one of my go-to synths.

NeuKatalYst wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:46 am I've entered and voted for all, but I only now noticed the rule about commenting on Soundcloud: do I need to do that for any/all tracks?
Well very few manage to comment on all tracks (maybe Doc I persume) but pick some you like (or don't like) and give your feedback. Part of the magic of this friendly competition is the feedback and discussion in SounCloud.

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:48 pm Is using the mastering option on Soundcloud after submissions have ended frowned upon? :lol:
from the rules:
"Audio must not be touched at all once it leaves the DAW (i.e. after bouncing a track or a stem). For example: One cannot master the audio in another software or service."

This would include mastering in soundcloud. I would also say that between the end of submissions up until the end of the voting period your track should not be updated or altered without express permission from the organisers. After voting is finished you may of course do as you please.

NeuKatalYst wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:46 am I've entered and voted for all, but I only now noticed the rule about commenting on Soundcloud: do I need to do that for any/all tracks?
There is no specific requirement to comment on Soundcloud.
However, for many people here friendly feedback is the one of most important aspects of the challenge, and it enhances the community feeling. We can all learn much from one another.

Hi all,
it seems the wrong track of mine is in the playlist. I decided to switch to my 2nd one a few days ago and changed my submission post accordingly... I wrote Richard and asked him to correct it.
please listen to this one:
https://on.soundcloud.com/Td3Sz
Thanks & sorry for the inconvenience

Hey, I am currently trying to vote but it doesn't recognize my username and password. This is my first time doing this. Could someone please help? Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”