Contest May: "Gossip"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:17 pm
harvon wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:29 am About counting the result by the way: There are two possibilities to tally the votes, per track or per individual.
Average, if more than 1 track submitted?
I thought it would be tricky for the entrants to vote, too.
As I see it:
Votes per track: looking for the best track
Votes per individual: looking for the best productive producer
Average votes per individual: looking for the best producer, disregarding productivity

The results will be skewed anyway because some will decide to vote only one track per individual and some will vote disregarding such restrictions.

Voting is up.

Next month's theme: "Create a song that you want to hear in a sauna" somewhere in the world

folderol wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:52 am For our newer people (who I'm delighted to see) please remember to add your forum name to the tracks you enter - otherwise it makes it tedious tracking down who did what at voting time.
Oups, sorry for that!

Now that I have some time on my hands.....

I'm back!
Bunch O Stuff

Scoops wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:07 pm Now that I have some time on my hands.....

I'm back!
Errrr. Who :-P

Hi stranger. So you found the front door again. Nice to see you're back (better to see your front) :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hellfog wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:23 am Voting is up.

Next month's theme: "Create a song that you want to hear in a sauna" somewhere in the world
Are there any other rules or can i get started on Sauna music? :hyper:

folderol wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:17 pm
Scoops wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:07 pm Now that I have some time on my hands.....

I'm back!
Errrr. Who :-P

Hi stranger. So you found the front door again. Nice to see you're back (better to see your front) :lol:
Yeppers

Not quite totally sure yet, but I think I'm retired.
I really am looking forward to doing all music, all the time!!
This will be one of the areas I spend time!

I need to apply for jobs to collect unemployment, but if I do get a contract, (I'm an IT contract worker) it will be the last one.

Cheers
Bunch O Stuff

:phones:
MadMcMan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:23 pm
Hellfog wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:23 am Voting is up.

Are there any other rules or can i get started on Sauna music? :hyper:
No, so you can start with the music.
Time limit 4 min

I have no idea what I would like to hear in a Sauna. Hell, I've never been in a sauna, oh wait, yes I have....different story

I do know I have a patch called Steampipe. That outta be good for something!
Bunch O Stuff

I tried a sauna just once. Hated it so never went again. Trying to imagine what I'd want to hear if I ever changed my mind :?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Question on the voting for May. are we voting on tracks or individuals? If it's the former then you can have a person appear more than once in the top 10. Wasn't clear what we were supposed to do.

The Peu wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:31 pm Question on the voting for May. are we voting on tracks or individuals? If it's the former then you can have a person appear more than once in the top 10. Wasn't clear what we were supposed to do.
You are voting for the track.

My votes are cast. Some great submissions this time. Well done everyone!

I think voting is the hardest part of the competition. Listening to the submissions is fun, but trying to match downloaded tracks to a forum name can be a bit annoying.
There are always some that make me go back to the submission thread to figure out who submitted them. This defeats the purpose of being able to judge from downloaded tracks alone.

I wish people would pay more attention to the naming conventions described in rules 7 and 8.

mountainmaster wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:35 pm
I think voting is the hardest part of the competition. Listening to the submissions is fun, but trying to match downloaded tracks to a forum name can be a bit annoying.
There are always some that make me go back to the submission thread to figure out who submitted them. This defeats the purpose of being able to judge from downloaded tracks alone.

I wish people would pay more attention to the naming conventions described in rules 7 and 8.

I ageras with this, I wish everyone would name the track correctly with user name And use ID3 tag.

Not a big deal.
There's just one user where the filenames is a mess.
All others is fine.
I do the ID3 tag but have never checked it out in others mp3 files.
Then it doesn't matter to me if it is a wav or flac or ogg file.

Return to “Music Cafe”