Allomerus - Fire In the Sky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markkuja wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:26 am Cool! Excellent rock instrumental. Sounds great. 👍
Thanks Markku! :tu:
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Frantz wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:49 am Smoke on the water refracted through the prog looking glass? The arrangement is quite tasty especially the jazzy touches. The mix is great -- super clear. Nice job! :tu:
Thanks Frantz! I'm glad you liked it and the excursions into more Jazzy realms.
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:26 am Cool! Excellent rock instrumental. Sounds great. 👍
Thanks Markku! Glad you liked it.
Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:25 am
You're welcome, but the brass, the brass. I gotta know. LOL
Sorry Wags. Apart from the lead sax the rest is stock plugins in Logic X Pro and my arrangement them.
Bandcamp

MRT wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:14 am mix and sound is great. The song could have been cut from half a dozen albums I own. The sax is really a high point, sets it apart from a lot of similar stuff. Be interested in how you put together the video.
Thank you MRT. I really like my GR20 for sax sounds it is so realistic to me and great to play. The video is random assembled clips I got from online sources. I struggled a bit with this one to get some sort of story to the video. Usually I can put together some sort of cohesive plot... So I just went for interesting clips.
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:25 am
You're welcome, but the brass, the brass. I gotta know. LOL
Sorry Wags. Apart from the lead sax the rest is stock plugins in Logic X Pro and my arrangement them.
Well those stock plugins sound damn good. I'm genuinely impressed.

vurt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:13 pmtravis walton?
Had to look up this guy as he was unknown to me. So, no influence.
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:54 pm In addition to the Smoke and Bones, there's a riff in the first few seconds that sounds like something Spirit might have recorded in the early '70s. There's a section at about 2:49 that's got some Gentle Giant '70s vibes. I like that the time signature changes sounded unforced and natural. That helped the song to flow very smoothly. I don't think I've heard you playing slide before, but it sounded great here.
Good work, John :)
Thanks Tim. You keep mentioning Spirit but I haven't listened much to them. Might have to now.
The Gentle Giant reference is lovely to hear, I do like GG. Thanks!
I like to play slide and have played "Bad to The Bone" countless times with friends. :hihi: I did use slide on another Allomerus track called Alien Spies, so it pops it's head up occasionally. :tu:
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”