Contest June: "Gossip" + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Hellfog on Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unless you are Finns, you don't understand the Sauna.

Finland has a population of 5.5 million people and approx 3 million Saunas. Saunas are everywhere and every Finn has an easy accesss to a Sauna. Saunas are typically visited once a week, but if you own your Sauna the visits happen more often.

It is easily possible to build a Sauna that is very unpleasant to experience. The secret for a good Sauna is believed to be a wood burning stove, a spacious enough sauna room, air circulation done in the right way and the right temperature.

The Sauna experience is controlled through the steam that is created by throwing water on the hot rocks in the stove.

People sit naked in Sauna. Parents visit Sauna together with their non adult children. Couples visit Sauna together. Otherwise men and women visit Sauna separately, men with men and women with women. The Finns are used to natural nakedness in Sauna, they don't feel it as sexy or embarrassing as long as the visiting conventions are used.

As a Finn isn't the top three music styles Tango, Jenka and Hard Rock? :tu:

I still don't understand the essence of the month theme well) Is there music playing in the saunas? I've been a couple of times and it was quiet there) Or should it be ambient with steam sounds? Or the Steampunk genre? Any ideas?

Well the subject is what would you like to hear in one. So there you go :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

IV! wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:32 pm I still don't understand the essence of the month theme well) Is there music playing in the saunas? I've been a couple of times and it was quiet there) Or should it be ambient with steam sounds? Or the Steampunk genre? Any ideas?
I would think that the saunas are very quiet, no music, no rising your voice.
Strange places really - think public saunas where people sit sweating, naked, silent in the company of people they don't know. Like sauna monks.
Saffran wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 pm As a Finn isn't the top three music styles Tango, Jenka and Hard Rock? :tu:
I don't listen Finnish music so I don't know anything about that. Maybe you need to let google find more contemporary information.

You don’t have to be in Only Finland to use a sauna

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauna

I did say around the world

It Could be in Disney World, Space ship, North Pole, China or Mexico for example

What WE want to hear in a sauna ...doesn't depend on where the sauna is.

harvon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:24 pm What WE want to hear in a sauna ...doesn't depend on where the sauna is.
Why not?
Mabey you are inspired by where the location is.

I wonder if a sauna is considered to have good acoustics?
Does it echo?

Saffran wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 pm I wonder if a sauna is considered to have good acoustics?
Does it echo?

Not sure, for some reason i’m thinking that pipeorgan would be cool in sauna.

Tiny pipeorgan or big Sauna.

Hellfog wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm
harvon wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:24 pm What WE want to hear in a sauna ...doesn't depend on where the sauna is.
Why not?
Mabey you are inspired by where the location is.
Alright, let us pick a location for our sauna and get inspired by that
Saffran wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 pm I wonder if a sauna is considered to have good acoustics?
Does it echo?
The materials in the sauna room are wood and ceramic tiles. Bad echoing acoustics I would say.

wherever you are, what you 'dont' want to hear in a sauna, a bear, growling.

Does it echo?
For some reason I am thinking of an old Roman bathhouse. Plenty of reverb there.

I assume sweat lodges is like a sauna.
Then we have Mongolia and American natives like Apaches. I think i've seen and read about countries all over the planet using sweat lodges in some form.

Return to “Music Cafe”